Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    531

    Graham Swamp info?

    Gonna be heading from south Fl. to Ga. and looking to ride something new on my way.
    Is the trailhead on Kings or Colburn and does the trailhead have a bike wash.
    I normally take I-75 up but gonna head I-95 this trip.

  2. #2
    Cracker
    Reputation: thecrackerasscracker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    954
    2930'30.0"n 8109'41.5"w
    It might get a little steep from here

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    531
    That will work. Thanks. How about a bike wash?

  4. #4
    Cracker
    Reputation: thecrackerasscracker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    954
    No bike wash wash there but you really shouldn't need it
    If you have time check out Mala Compra is about 10 mins down the road
    29.615107, -81.202585
    Captains BBQ across the street from the trail head is top notch
    It might get a little steep from here

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    531
    Thanks, might do that. I was hoping to rinse off before the rest of my drive. Couple jugs of water will do. LOL

  6. #6
    Papa T
    Reputation: Numb Bum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    261
    There is a paved parking lot with facilities just south of the trailhead about 1/2-3/4 mile on Colbert Ave. Can't miss it.
    Keep your head tube up!
    2012 Marin Mt. Vision XM Pro
    2009 Jamis Dragon ONE

  7. #7
    Jackalope Hunter
    Reputation: jayjudy13's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    906
    Quote Originally Posted by OffCamber View Post
    Thanks, might do that. I was hoping to rinse off before the rest of my drive. Couple jugs of water will do. LOL
    Don if you've never been you will like Graham, but definitely hit Mala Compra too, its worth checking out and very close. I always ride both when I go up there.
    "That which does not kill you makes you stronger"

  8. #8
    Papa T
    Reputation: Numb Bum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    261
    Oh yeah, I should mention, check out our Graham Swamp Trail Crew Facebook page. There are pictures and videos of some of the recent work, rides and shenanigans that take place there. We are a non-profit org charged with trail care and maintenance of Graham Swamp trails. You can even donate towards our trail fund for materials right on our FB page if you want.

    Thanks and enjoy the trail!!!
    Keep your head tube up!
    2012 Marin Mt. Vision XM Pro
    2009 Jamis Dragon ONE

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    531
    Quote Originally Posted by jayjudy13 View Post
    Don if you've never been you will like Graham, but definitely hit Mala Compra too, its worth checking out and very close. I always ride both when I go up there.
    LOL. I'll be back. What a great trail. I loved all the drops, jumps and stunts built in. I ran into 3 people from 3 different parts of the country. Very cool. I'm in Ga. now and going to ride some local stuff near my parents, then Bear, P1, p2 for the first time. Then Coldwater, Oak Mtn. and maybe Tally or Santos. Let me know if ya have any trips planned.

  10. #10
    Papa T
    Reputation: Numb Bum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    261
    Quote Originally Posted by OffCamber View Post
    LOL. I'll be back. What a great trail. I loved all the drops, jumps and stunts built in. I ran into 3 people from 3 different parts of the country. Very cool. I'm in Ga. now and going to ride some local stuff near my parents, then Bear, P1, p2 for the first time. Then Coldwater, Oak Mtn. and maybe Tally or Santos. Let me know if ya have any trips planned.
    I am officially jealous.
    Keep your head tube up!
    2012 Marin Mt. Vision XM Pro
    2009 Jamis Dragon ONE

  11. #11
    Jackalope Hunter
    Reputation: jayjudy13's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    906
    Quote Originally Posted by OffCamber View Post
    LOL. I'll be back. What a great trail. I loved all the drops, jumps and stunts built in. I ran into 3 people from 3 different parts of the country. Very cool. I'm in Ga. now and going to ride some local stuff near my parents, then Bear, P1, p2 for the first time. Then Coldwater, Oak Mtn. and maybe Tally or Santos. Let me know if ya have any trips planned.
    I don't have anything planned for the near future... I'm going to Snowshoe for July 4th week, nothing else fun planned for spring/summer as yet, but if you end up at Santos on the way back from this trip let me know and I'll meet you up there.
    "That which does not kill you makes you stronger"

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    531
    Quote Originally Posted by jayjudy13 View Post
    I don't have anything planned for the near future... I'm going to Snowshoe for July 4th week, nothing else fun planned for spring/summer as yet, but if you end up at Santos on the way back from this trip let me know and I'll meet you up there.
    Jay, I've got time off around the 4th also. Might be in SS. I'll text ya on my way home. Santos is always a stop on my way home.

  13. #13
    Jackalope Hunter
    Reputation: jayjudy13's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    906
    Quote Originally Posted by OffCamber View Post
    Jay, I've got time off around the 4th also. Might be in SS. I'll text ya on my way home. Santos is always a stop on my way home.
    Cool, hit me up for Santos... and it would be good to catch up with ya at the Shoe this summer too...
    "That which does not kill you makes you stronger"

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    531
    Had a great trip. Never gone to the mountains and only rode XC. Even at Santos I avoided the pit and rode about 10 miles.
    Graham Swamp info?-image.jpgClick image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	293.7 KB 
ID:	882512

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    531
    Still trying to figure out this iPad also.

Similar Threads

  1. Graham Swamp
    By Mitch1171 in forum Southeast - GA, TN, AL, FL
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-27-2013, 03:49 PM
  2. Santos or graham swamp conditions?
    By Mitch1171 in forum Southeast - GA, TN, AL, FL
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-09-2013, 03:24 PM
  3. Graham Swamp - Post up your videos here
    By TranceX in forum Southeast - GA, TN, AL, FL
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-26-2012, 08:27 AM
  4. Graham Swamp Conditions?
    By Mitch1171 in forum Southeast - GA, TN, AL, FL
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-20-2011, 10:26 AM
  5. Graham Swamp is looking great
    By eminefes in forum Southeast - GA, TN, AL, FL
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-11-2011, 06:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •