The Tyranical Teabagger

GPS Map for Racoon Mountain?

So I'm going to head up to Raccoon Mountain tomorrow ( monday ) for the first time since I moved to Georgia. I was wondering if anyone has or knows of a gps file or a google map that I can use with my Android phone that includes all of the side loops as well?

Also, I'm torn between bringing my Single or my Full suspension rig? I hear it's fast and flowy so I suppose I could do either...what do you guys ride?

Thanks!
    I like bikes.
    2012 Transition TransAm 29er
    Salsa Selma with 80m Lefty

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Not a gps file or a google map, but I think this should help you out.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Yep, good map. I printed this out, laminated it, and keep it in my pocket or back pack. For the most part there are signs posted. Between the signs and map, its hard to get lost.

The Tyranical Teabagger
    Sweet...I figured it wasn't hard to get lost. I just mostly wanted to geek-out with my android phone and google maps. Should be fun!
    I like bikes.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrjm
    lso, I'm torn between bringing my Single or my Full suspension rig? I hear it's fast and flowy so I suppose I could do either...what do you guys ride?
    You'll be fine and have fun either way. If you do bring the SS I'd suggest riding Megawatt counter-clockwise. Lower Chunky too. Those will be a bear to climb clockwise on SS.

The Tyranical Teabagger
    Well, since I want to do 2 laps and haven't ridden anything over 15 miles since I moved from Utah I will probably bring the geared trail bike. Thanks again guys
    I like bikes.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    cyrjm:

I see you just moved to the southeast. You should really get involved with your local IMBA/SORBA (we merged) chapter. The closest one to you is the Woodstock chapter. They are a great group. We (Chattanooga chapter) build more miles of trail, but they host more and larger group rides. In fact, they just came up the RM last Saturday.

More info here: http://www.sorbawoodstock.org/

The Tyranical Teabagger
    Had an awesome time on Tuesday...will definitely be hitting these more in the next few months.
    I like bikes.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrjm
    So I'm going to head up to Raccoon Mountain tomorrow ( monday ) for the first time since I moved to Georgia. I was wondering if anyone has or knows of a gps file or a google map that I can use with my Android phone that includes all of the side loops as well?

Also, I'm torn between bringing my Single or my Full suspension rig? I hear it's fast and flowy so I suppose I could do either...what do you guys ride?

Thanks!
    Here is a link http://www.gpsfiledepot.com/maps/view/420/ to a site where you can download and install free GPS Trail Maps for Raccoon Mountain, Booker T. Washington St. Park, and Enterprise South Nature Park in Chattanooga, TN onto your Garmin GPS.