Thread: Got a new sled

the #1 Stunna'

Idea! Got a new sled

As some of you know, i am in the process of building a 2004 Jamis dakar.....Well, I changed my mind, I know that it will put off having the new ride ready to ride by a week or two, but i got my hand on a 2004 Giant VT1 for a great price. this is the bike that i have always wanted, so everything is comming off the Jamis, and i will start to put together the VT1 as soon as it gets here. The Jamis is of to ebay, and the VT1 will officialy be my new bike.

Now I have got to find a fork that should mach the rear nicely! Any one know of a good front fork with 140mm of adjustable travel?

What do you think? good choice or bad?
    I has Bikes

not so super...
    Quote Originally Posted by kawsakimx6
    Now I have got to find a fork that should mach the rear nicely! Any one know of a good front fork with 140mm of adjustable travel?

RockShox Pike if you have, want a 20mm axle.

Zocchi All Mountain 1 (130-150 version) if you have a std axle front wheel.

if you don't have or want to build a 20mm axle wheels and can live with a 130mm fork, then go with the Revelation.
    Nothing to see here.

Where is my mind?
    Hey RJ, Sorry I can't advice you on the bike, don't really know much about it. So is this the bike you're going with? What's your time table for getting it set up.
    "'I refuse to prove that I exist,' says god, 'for proof denies faith and without faith I am nothing'"

- Douglas Adams: "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"

the #1 Stunna'
    ernie,

This is the one i decided to go with. i am hoping to have it together in 2 weekends or so. i am going to use all the parts that i had for the Jamis, exept the seat post (already ordered and should be her monday), and possably the fork, the one in the Jamis now is cut, and if it does not fit the VT1 then i will need to sell that one and get a new one. the frame should be here either Friday or monday also, and the crank that i was waiting on is in. So i hope that it does not push me back too far!
    I has Bikes