mtbr member
    Jul 2013

going to Mccaysville Ga whats the best trail

Guys trip to Mccaysville Ga going white water rafting and wanted to know what ARE THE BEST TRAILS around here and is there a place to rent bikes ,

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Not sure about riding around Mccaysville, but just up the road in TN is Tanasi, which is located at the Ocoee Whitewater Center, Brush Creek, with the TH located right on the side of the highway, and then further up the road from Ocoee is Chilhowee Trail System. All 3 of these trail systems are easily found doing a Google search.
    http://kevinboyer.zenfolio.com/

*2014 Knolly Endorphin...Custom Build*
    *2013 Intense Spider 29...Custom Build*

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Jackrabbit trails are also just over the border. Never been there but on my list. Lots of positive reviews.
    http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_...rdb5334954.pdf

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    I'd prioritize Brush Creek and be sure to take the connector up to Boyd Gap for the amazing view of the Ocoee River far below and Big Frog Mountain. Follow the signs. It's not too difficult so if you still have the legs go over to Tanasi as mentioned, which you can connect into via some crappy trail - might be best to drive as suggested, and is old school fire road plus rocky single track. In my opinion it's a little better to drive over to Chilhowee Mountain and ride up on top. It's better trail for the most part but about an extra 15 mile drive (rough estimate). I have ridden Jackrabbit Mountain and thought it was awesome. Pretty smooth, a lot of flow, and good scenery but not sure how close it is to McCaysville. It might be a haul. I'm not crazy about Tanasi as I prefer smooth single track but you'll find a lot of the locals like it and don't even notice that it's rough. If you like rough trail, go Tanasi. If you like smooth flow, Brush Creek and Jackrabbit Mountain. Just my opinion(s).

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Jackrabbit is bout 1 hr from here. Tanasi has enough to keep you occupied for a while. Chillhowee and the clemmer trail is a nice downhill. Your only gonna be bout an hour from bear creek in ellijay so that's a thought also. I live here so let me know if you got any more questions. Better check the outfitters cause ocoee was closed due to all the rain over the weekend. The lakes are all topped off with h20.

The perfessor
    I imagine Pinhoti is no farther than some of the others mentioned and really fun, lots to do........Jackrabbit is fun and fast, but not real challenging.......might check around for local SORBA groups, and find out what is available......
    Trifecta is Perfecta: 26" FSR Geared / 29er SS Rigid / 29er Ti Hardtail Geared

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    M'ville is just down from Tanasi. Not but a 15 min. drive. The trails are right out of whitewater center. Brush Ck, is flowing smooth and easy but an out and back. You can connect B C to The other trails by riding Boyds Gap and Coppermine over to WW center and crossing the river leads to some of the best riding around. Bear Paw, Quartz, Thunder Rock, easily 40+ mile day. Not in that good of shape, stick to brush creeks 7+- miles. Local advice call Scott's bike in Cleveland Tn.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    When you coming? I'm here every day. Just let me know what you need to know.