mtbr member
    Aug 2011

Going to Fort Yargo in the morning

Hey guys/gals,

Im planning to go out to Fort Yargo in the morning, never been there before if anyone is headed that way and know their way around it would be great hook up.

Cheers

mtbr member
    I was planning to ride Chicopee tomorrow but may do Yargo instead. What time are you going to be there?

As for "knowing your way around," it's pretty easy for a first-timer. The parking area is just a few hundred yards inside the main entrance, at the first stop sign. You can't miss it. The trailhead is marked with the direction (CCW on Saturday). Once on the trail, you only have three decision points.

1. A few hundred yards in, the trail splits into the inner and outer loops. Take the outer (it's marked with blue blazes).
    2. At about mile marker 8 (they count down from 11 when riding CCW), you have the choice to ride a sub-loop, called Monster Mile. I really like that part! It's well marked with a sign.
    3. At mile marker 3 or 4 you have another sub loop called 3 Step or something. That's a fun loop as well.

Both Monster Mile and 3 step end up right where they start so you can't miss anything.

Be warned that it will cost you $7 to ride ($5 park entry fee and $2 MTB fee) but it's worth it. I love Yargo!

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Hey KevinGT, thanks for the information about Yargo, I really appreicate it! Unfortunately upon arriving home from work my wife asked if I could stay local tomorrow morning. I still want to make it out to Yargo though, I did hear from a group of fellow riders in the Marietta/Vinnings area that are planning to over that way. They are going to be there around noon.

Either way I'll be sure to get clearance before throwing out my next post and Ill contact you when I plan to make it out that way. Hope you enjoy your ride tomorrow.

Cheers

go vegan!
    Sep 2010
    Yargo is a super fun spot to ride!
    I don't have many riding buddies in this town so if anyone is heading out that way then please drop me a PM

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Hey xgjokax, I plan to head over to Yargo in the next couple of weeks. Ill give you as much notice as I can but it will almost diefintely be a saturday morning.

If anyone else cares to join us post a quick message and we can make this a good group ride.

go vegan!
    Sep 2010
    @getoffroad sounds good! and saturdays usually arent a problem.