Thread: Georgia trails

mtbr member

Georgia trails

Might be heading up there in a few months, any spots closed or is everything open and ready to ride. I would be in the Marietta area

Thanks
    Eric
    2011 Trek 4300....
    2009 Specialized Elite Stumpjumper....

mtbr member
    Head to Blankets Creek. There are a bunch of really good trails there.

As far as being closed, the Atlanta area trails only close when it's wet. Usually it's just the day it rains and the day after. This has been an abnormally wet Winter and we've had a lot of closed days but nothing extended.

Have fun!
    I live with fear and danger every day. And on the weekends she lets me go mountain biking.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinGT View Post
    Head to Blankets Creek. There are a bunch of really good trails there.

As far as being closed, the Atlanta area trails only close when it's wet. Usually it's just the day it rains and the day after. This has been an abnormally wet Winter and we've had a lot of closed days but nothing extended.

Have fun!
    Ok thanks
    2011 Trek 4300....
    2009 Specialized Elite Stumpjumper....

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Here's the SORBA site with info on the Blankets Creek and Taylor Randahl Memorial trails, both in the Woodstock area right off I-575.

Oops - don't have 10 posts yet to give you the link - just do a Google search of any of the terms I mentioned and you'll get the info.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    There are a lot of good trails in the Marietta area, Blankets up in Woodstock is definitely one of the best, but Sope Creek in Marietta is good too, and they're opening up a new couple loops at the end of next month. There's also Allatoona Creek in Acworth and Big Creek in Roswell. There are others too, but these are the best (IMHO) within 30 minutes or so. Like Dolittle said, you can check www.sorba.org for more local info, or the Sorba chapters, SORBA Woodstock, SORBA Atlanta | Work Together, Ride Together, and Latest News and Events - Paulding SORBA for trail status and maps, etc.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Hi

I'll be in Kennesaw soon an plan to ride Allatoona creek. Is there any entry fee to ride there?

thanks

mtbr member
    no, but there should be a donation box.. be sure and throw some in to help build and maintain the trails