mtbr member
    Aug 2005

gainesville, fl night rides

I'm looking for any night group rides. Seems San Falesco would be about perfect- not sure about their rules though. Any one out there?

yeah, uh............bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by archie
    I'm looking for any night group rides. Seems San Falesco would be about perfect- not sure about their rules though. Any one out there?
    Yeah, San Felasco is perfect! I went out for a night ride and was supposed to me some people with a light for me but they didn't show. There was one other guy out there and he had bar and helmet mounted lights, I rode along with just a small dive light taped to my helmet. The lights aren't even needed on the open field trails, the moon is enough. It's really cool.

I know there is a night ride out there every full moon, on thursdays I think. Ask around at some of the local bike shops or check out the website for San Felasco.

Shortcutting Hikabiker
    Goodbike will have the info for the nightrides. Alot of thier guys go on them.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004

Next Wednesday ...

Off their website, http://www.sanfelasco.net/

-------------------------
    Night Bike Rides
    The CSO sponsors night mountain bike rides on the Wednesday closest to the full moon, and the second and fourth Fridays of each month. Night rides are a great way to escape the Florida heat, and they provide a chance to glimpse the Park's nocturnal inhabitants as they start to emerge for their evening activities. Night rides require that you provide your own primary lights for off-road duty-- the brighter, the better. You should also carry a back-up light in case of emergency. Primary lights should be capable of a minimum burn time of two hours. A small donation to the CSO is required for each rider.

Starting time for each night ride is 7:30 pm; rides leave from the Park Headquarters, 12720 NW 109th Lane, Alachua, FL (directions below). The January 2006 rides will be on January 18 and January 27.
    --------------------------