Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Ft. Myers snow bird.

716 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  iceboxsteve 
#1 ·
This winter will be my first time going to Florida for a few months. Just recently retired. There are endless amounts of trails here in Massachusetts and New England, but, can't seem to research anything in the Ft. Myers / Naples area. Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#2 ·
Caloosahatchee Regional Park is really all there is in Lee County. It's an easy trail but is enjoyable. The same group also does maintenance at Pepper Ranch, but I've never been there so no comment.

If you want to make a trip there's some great trails in Hillsborough County (Tampa). With Alafia/Balm Boyette, and a little further north you get Santos and Croom. There's Also Markham Park across alligator alley and a couple other trail systems.

#5 ·
Hey Larry! Not sure how many times we might have rode together back on Cape but I stumbled on this post while bored.

My girlfriend was on Sanibel the last six months so I grew intimate with FL trails. Definitely some fun stuff, though sadly, a bit more spread out than our lovely New England riding.

Definitely get to Alafia and Balm Boyette. A bit of a drive but totally worth it. I also met a Ft. Myers local at Balm Boyette who spoke highly of Caloosahatchee. I believe he did weekly (maybe Thursday) night rides there with a crew. He went to Balm/Alafia often (weekends).

Driving up north I can't speak highly enough about Santos. Plus there is so much more. I rode in Pensacola and White Springs FL and loved both. A bit far for even a weekend trip from Ft. Myers, but goes to show they have riding in Florida. Enjoy! Happy Trails!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.