mtbr member
    Apr 2012

First time down to Santos, recommendations please!

Me and a couple of buddies are making a trip down to Santos in late December. We will be there 3 days, 2 nights. We will be down about noon the first day, have all day 2 to ride and leave at noon the third day. I want to make sure we ride all trails, including Nayls and Ern n Burm, what is the best way to do that? Is there a connector between the two sides or do we need to pack up the car and drive over?

Any issues with night riding? Don't know if they close the trails or not, wouldn't think so since you can camp there

Lastly, we aren't campers, any highly recommended hotels nearby?

\m/{-_-}\m/
    There are lot's of different ways to cover this depending on your fitness level. You can ride from the Santos trailhead and hit Nayl's and Ern n Burn or you can park at the 49th Street trailhead for those. It really just depends on how you want to do it.

Two half days and one full day will allow you to ride all of the good stuff and you'll be able to hit your favorites more than once.

I used to drive from Jax and hit the 49th street trailhead, ride that stuff, then drive over to the Santo's trailhead to hit all the Reds. Roughly 30 miles of riding doing it that way iirc.

Head over to omba.org for maps.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Another option is the LandBridge parking area, it sits about midway along the epic route and has facilities too. I would recomend parking there and riding out to nayls and E&B, ride back to landbridge for snacks then head over to Santos via the greenway trails 9 miles away then depending on your motivation, ride there or return to LB and call it a day. I would spend a day at santos trail head and just hit all the cool stuff there too.

mtbr member
    I would spend a day goofing around with the red trails and then another day riding the Santos Epic (goes through Santos, Land Bridge, 49th, Nayles, and Earn & Burn).

Map:
    http://omba.org/maps/OMBA_Bike_Trails_Map_Jan_2012.gif
    Signature

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    thanks guys, the map definitely helps. anyone know anything about night riding out there?

XXIX
    We just did the same camping trip. 3 Days 73 miles. The ride from the Trail head camp ground to the Ross Prairie trail head and back was not that bad. Day one all the reds and bunny twice, day two the epic and day 3 the blues and bunny again. .
    We never did a night ride but there was a 15+ group that went out every night when we were there. Have fun...

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Night riding is "allowed". There are signs that say the park closes at sundown, but you will find lots of people riding at night.

The closest nice,new hotels are at the intersection of Hwy 484 and I-75.

The next closest would be at Hwy 200 and I-75 with more hotels and restaurants.