mtbr member
    Feb 2006

Good job! FATS; The place to ride!

If you haven't heard of the new Forks Area Trail System in Edgefield/McCormick, SC you will soon because good news always travels fast. That trail truely rocks! It's the kind of trail that you never want to leave. I would definitely put it at the top of the places-to-ride list and go ride it soon! I'll be there again tomorrow!

mtbr member
    Sep 2003
    It's also the place to live! I moved about 5 minutes from the trailhead 3 years ago based on the speculation that we'd be building these trails. The trails have surpassed my wildest dreams. I've never ridden a trail that is so purposely built to ride a bike on. Berms, jumps, rock gardens, and the sheer miles of it all. 19 miles constructed so far, 11 of which are open. 24 miles by this summer and perhaps as many as 33-34 by summer 2007.

Clarks Hill, SC - 15 minutes off exit #1 I-20 in South Carolina. Mountain like topography at 500' above sea level. Strange indeed. Has something to do with this being the shoreline of the Atlantic Ocean millions of years ago. I just see bowl shaped topography with singletrack laced all through it.

Two wheels are best
    From what I've heard about them...they do indeed rock! Way to go Bill!

It'll be some time before I get to ride them...I had to have jaw surgery 2 weeks ago and the doc says it'll be a couple of months before he even BEGINS to decide if I can ride off-road!

You guys and gals go ride a few miles for me!
    Never be afraid to try something new.

Remember amateurs built the Ark.
    Professionals built the Titanic.

SALLGUD
    Gotta agree with all the above.

- FATS indeed rocks. It rocks, it rolls, it flows, it climbs a bit and, well, did I say it rocks?!

- It is indeed a nice place to live. I also bought a house very near to this trail based purely on some enthusiastic mountain biker/trail builder name BV. He said he had a dream and I believed him. Got mine a year and a half ago, before dirt even started getting pushed around. Seven minutes away! I don't regret my decision at all!

- The results of BV's dream are astounding. The parking lot at FATS is a busy place. People of all abilities are showing up, and the best part is that there are sooooo many people out there that I have not seen at the other local trails in years.

Michael

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by newTruth06
    If you haven't heard of the new Forks Area Trail System in Edgefield/McCormick, SC you will soon because good news always travels fast. That trail truely rocks! It's the kind of trail that you never want to leave. I would definitely put it at the top of the places-to-ride list and go ride it soon! I'll be there again tomorrow!
    When I rode the FATS, it was the 5th time I'd been on my bike. I was a beginner in the truest sense, but even so I had a great time riding them. I look forward to coming back, hopefully an improved rider (and fully healed by then) ready to rock.