mtbr member
    May 2004

Fat Bike rentals in the Florida Keys?

Hello all:

I'm heading down to Key West for a couple of days and would love the opportunity to ride somewhere on the beach. Up here in Spokane WA, all I get to ride in is dirt and snow... Does anyone know if there are any Sand or Fat bike rentals between Key Largo and Key West? I haven't had much luck searching the forums.

Thanks, Eric.

Feel Good About Hood
    Don't know about rentals, but there isn't really enough beach to ride on. Many people are surprised when they get to the Keys at how little beach there is. They are not like the Bahamas. Due to the large reef line just off shore most of the wave action that creates beaches is blocked. This makes for excellent fishing, snorkeling, and diving, but few small beaches. Key West has a couple beaches but they aren't long enough to really ride on. Hope this doesn't burst your bubble too much. On the mainland there are many beaches that make for excellent rides.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Thanks Pedal/Paddle. No, it won't burst my bubble much. I'm there to see the Keys, snorkel a bit and drink some rum. If I got in a "Fat-bike ride on the beach", it would be a bonus. If I had 2 weeks to spend in Florida, I'd make it a priority!

mtbr member
    Aug 2013

Re: Fat Bike rentals in the Florida Keys?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedal/Paddle View Post
    Don't know about rentals, but there isn't really enough beach to ride on. Many people are surprised when they get to the Keys at how little beach there is. They are not like the Bahamas. Due to the large reef line just off shore most of the wave action that creates beaches is blocked. This makes for excellent fishing, snorkeling, and diving, but few small beaches. Key West has a couple beaches but they aren't long enough to really ride on. Hope this doesn't burst your bubble too much. On the mainland there are many beaches that make for excellent rides.
    I know I'm kind of late on this thread but out of curiosity is there much single track riding in the keys and if so what is it like? Thanks

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Hi There!
    In the Keys you ride a fat bike, or any bike, on the street from bar to bar. Good times.
    NTFTC

mtbr member
    Aug 2013

Re: Fat Bike rentals in the Florida Keys?

Quote Originally Posted by thegweed View Post
    In the Keys you ride a fat bike, or any bike, on the street from bar to bar. Good times.
    Proper hydration is a must especially in warmer climates...

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk