mtbr member
    Aug 2007

Fall Creek Falls (Pikeville, TN) is still a great ride!

Before we built the Raccoon Mountain trails, the Upper Loop trail at Fall Creek Falls was my favorite in Tennessee. After building RM, FCF dropped one level in rank and continues to be my 2nd favorite trail in Tennessee.

Today I was able to reaffirm that ranking after traveling to Crossville to meet a client. I packed my bike and biking gear and rode the trail on my way back to Chattanooga.

The trail is in almost prefect shape. The only problem is lack of use. As such, the forest continues to narrow the trail to the point that sections will be totally reclaimed within two years UNLESS it see more use.

If you are looking for a "new" trail to ride, I would suggest that you consider riding Fall Creek Falls' Upper Loop. The trail could really use the wheels on the ground and you would be happier for the experience.

p.s. - don't forget the bug spray.

mtbr member
    do you suggest clockwise or counter clockwise?

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by shalesjr
    do you suggest clockwise or counter clockwise?
    I always ride it counter-clockwise. Riding that direction allows you to ride the moderately rocky sections and climbs when you are fresh.

mtbr member
    awesome. i've been wanting to check it out up there for awhile. thanks for the info., and map!