Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Dirt jumps around Jax FL?

4K views 19 replies 5 participants last post by  Gman 
#1 ·
Going to be in Fernandina Florida (just north of Jacksonville) for them holidays and trying to figure out if I should bring a dj bike or not. I've got a bunch of friends in Gainesville to go riding xc with but traveling with a much cheaper ss hardtail is easier.

I already know about what's going on at santos in ocala so that's already part of the motivation but I'd like to know of anything closer. I'm more than willing to put in some shovel time if need be.

Anybody know of anything in the area?

Thanks.

#2 ·
I just moved from Amelia Island 2 months ago to SC. I really don't know of any dirt jumpin for you but in Fernandina there is FT. Clinch State park on the north end of the island. There is about 7 miles of single track to enjoy. Or drive to the south end of the island and take the Mayport Ferry across the river into Mayport FL. You will find Hanna park, which has about 15 miles of different single track trails. Hanna is the better ride of the 2. Enjoy your visit.

#3 · (Edited)
West Side Regional..

West Side Regional has the best jump strip that I know of (nothing at hanna or clinch)

Only 1 3' drop off, 3' table, and a couple of doubles. Nothing really to write home about.

You might want to try to contact Kona Skate park though.

Bicycles Etc. is the Bike shop to call for "in the know" ride info. 904) 733-9030

#5 ·
Gman said:
kona hasnt allowed bikes since forever. i just to skate there back in the day and it was just rollerbladders and skateboarders.
When's "the day?" I graduated high school in 93 and was at kona about 5 days a week up until that point.

I went to Episcopal HS.........name's Kevin.
:D

#7 · (Edited)
Gman said:
kona hasnt allowed bikes since forever. i just to skate there back in the day and it was just rollerbladders and skateboarders.
I guess I am getting too old. Lived in Jacksonville too long.

Maybe the point is all of us who live and ride in the Jacksonville area think that it is much easier to travel 2+ hours down to Ocala than it is to get together and convince the local park management to let us build mogul sections in our relatively flat, rooty, and sandy single track.

Either way, If there is bike track out there, Bicycles Etc. more than likely will know about it.

Joe / Wolfson / '90

#9 ·
Gman said:
well i graduated bolles in 04 and i use to go there back in elementary and middle school.
Bolles????

Let's fight.

I guarentee we've crossed paths a la Kona.

I just saw some of the "completed" pics of the santos stuff. I'm bringing my hardtail regardless just to go check that out.

Thanks guys

#10 ·
ya i don't like most of the people at bolles so i guess we are even. If you want to come hit up santos with me sometime let me know and we can coordinate it so we both don't have to drive down there. I can't wait to ride some of the new stuff. I think I'm getting a fox 40r for christmas so I want to break it in there.

#12 ·
Gman said:
ya i don't like most of the people at bolles so i guess we are even. If you want to come hit up santos with me sometime let me know and we can coordinate it so we both don't have to drive down there. I can't wait to ride some of the new stuff. I think I'm getting a fox 40r for christmas so I want to break it in there.
I was just kidding. I had lots of friends at bolles.

I'm going to bring my dj bike, just a ss hardtail. Let's trade off bikes so I can hit that big drop.:)

Maybe friday or the 27th? I need to coordinate around family/friend obligations. I'll be in fernandina for 7 days.

#14 · (Edited)
Gman said:
Always need a good picture taker to capture the "priceless" moments. Friday probably works for me. I'll be rockin my vp-free so it will be plenty for some of the big drops.
Friday might be a little odd considering I get in Thursday night. But let me see what I can do.

Edit: scratch that, either day is fine I'll pm you my phone number. We can work out a carpool or something.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.