Thread: Croom

mtbr member
    Aug 2005

Croom

I live in Clearwater, and am looking for a new place to try out. I usually go to Alafia, Boyette, or Morris Bridge. Is Croom worth the trip? Also, does anyone know if it's open right now?
    Thanks.

mtbr member
    I rode 12 miles of the N blue trail yesterday (Tues 01/10). No problems w/hunting in area and pit area fun ride. Trail well maintained - thanks to SWAMPers
    Scars are like tattoos - only with better memories...

mtbr member
    I rode most of the blue, some of the yellow and all of the south red connector last Saturday. The trails are not technical in any way, but there are rolling hills which is a nice change of pace. It's also just a beautiful place to ride.

The only down side is that they run a motorcycle enduro race on part of the trails creating a lot of whoops.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Thanks for the responses, I think I'll check it out. The official word from the park was that it was still small game hunting season, so wear something bright.

Rick

Shot Down in Flames...
    Quote Originally Posted by Fly2Hi96
    The only down side is that they run a motorcycle enduro race on part of the trails creating a lot of whoops.
    That's a bad thing? That was always one of my favourite parts of Croom.

D.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    I agree. Where are the whoops, just so I can make sure that I ride that part?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rb_daniel
    I agree. Where are the whoops, just so I can make sure that I ride that part?
    When I say "whoops" it's really trail damage caused by motorcycles. And you won't have any trouble finding them because they cover a large percent of the trail. That being said, it's still a great place to ride and get some miles in without doing laps somewhere else.