Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    3

    Conyers GA 24HOA- course? event?

    Thinking about signing up for the 24 at Conyers in October. Just wanted to know what the course is like and how people have liked the event. I heard there will be over 800 riders this year. Sounds like a good time. Is anyone else out there contemplating signing up or have already?
    m24

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    97
    I'd consider it.. I dunno though dont think I really have the means to support myself for a 24/hrs. I'm po college student.

  3. #3
    i worship Mr T
    Reputation: *rt*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,543
    Quote Originally Posted by micycle24
    Thinking about signing up for the 24 at Conyers in October. Just wanted to know what the course is like and how people have liked the event. I heard there will be over 800 riders this year. Sounds like a good time. Is anyone else out there contemplating signing up or have already?
    m24
    this will be my 3rd year doing Conyers. the past two years i've been part of 5-person coed team & this year i'll be part of a 5-person all female team. i really like the event & i love the course. trilife does a good job running things, keeping it fun, and keeping things organized. it's a bit on the pricey side but comperable with other 24 hr events.

    the course is awesome. 2 separate loops. the first is fast with a couple short steep climbs. the 2nd loop takes you over Ga slickrock with lots of climbing and some steep sketchy descents. overall the course is about 8 miles long and has about 1100' of climbing.

    it's good fun! give it a try.

    rt


    Tiny Heinie & the Ass Clowns (far right) - Conyers '03
    [SIZE="2"]"where are you not going so fast?" (question asked to cyclist on a trainer)[/SIZE]

    [SIZE="2"]*rt*'s fabulous blog[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="2"][SIZE="2"]mm blogging[/SIZE][/SIZE]

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: p0Ke'm@n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    232

    Cool-blue Rhythm Way to go, *rt* ! ......

    Podium finish in ' 03 ?!?! Further info on racer's experiences may be found at http://www.sorba.org and access the 'Forums Discussions' under mtn.biking, racing, trails, or rides....will catch you up on the current status of the race and the course. Another interesting slant on this race was that of solo rider Mike Magnunson, a roadie riding his first mtn.bike race (?ever). It is found in the August 2004 issue of BICYCLING on page 72. Hope this helps. Tom

  5. #5
    i worship Mr T
    Reputation: *rt*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,543
    Quote Originally Posted by p0Ke'm@n
    Podium finish in ' 03 ?!?! Further info on racer's experiences may be found at http://www.sorba.org and access the 'Forums Discussions' under mtn.biking, racing, trails, or rides....will catch you up on the current status of the race and the course. Another interesting slant on this race was that of solo rider Mike Magnunson, a roadie riding his first mtn.bike race (?ever). It is found in the August 2004 issue of BICYCLING on page 72. Hope this helps. Tom
    thanks Tom. yeah, we managed 3rd place last year and we were really excited about it! the team that won had two pros including Chris Pic.....and, if i'm not mistaken, the woman on their team may have been Tina Mayola-Pic - if i'm right about that then they had 3 pros!

    don't know if we'll end up on the podium this year but i'm sure we'll have fun.

    rt
    [SIZE="2"]"where are you not going so fast?" (question asked to cyclist on a trainer)[/SIZE]

    [SIZE="2"]*rt*'s fabulous blog[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="2"][SIZE="2"]mm blogging[/SIZE][/SIZE]

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    157
    Hey *rt*,

    We've never met, but I had the pleasure of meeting a couple of your Conyers teammates, Dana and Abigail, this past Saturday down at Dauset. Looks like you will have a kicka$$ all girl team! Good luck!

    Oh, and off topic, but I always enjoy your race reports. Keep 'em coming!

    Kevin

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    82
    This being my 3rd 24 HOA event at this venue I'll tell you it's definantly a workout. The trail (as well as the rest of N. GA) has received a bunch of rain and wind damage but the local trail GURU and his merry band of miscreants have done a great job with fixing up the conditions that were a quite bit crappy! I love the event even though it's not my favorite trail round these parts it's actually a good course for a 24 hour event. Just prepare for the hot days and really cool nights (1st 24 HOA the temp dropped 25 degrees in about 3 hours) bring sweats to keep warm unless you're riding solo.

  8. #8
    i worship Mr T
    Reputation: *rt*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,543
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclesmith
    Hey *rt*,

    We've never met, but I had the pleasure of meeting a couple of your Conyers teammates, Dana and Abigail, this past Saturday down at Dauset. Looks like you will have a kicka$$ all girl team! Good luck!

    Oh, and off topic, but I always enjoy your race reports. Keep 'em coming!

    Kevin
    thanks Kevin. Dayna told me that she'd met a "fan" of mine at dauset last weekend. glad you enjoy the reports. i've got a Six Gap one coming if i can ever find some time to actually get it typed up!

    if you're at 24 hoa at conyers stop by our tent and say hi!

    rt
    [SIZE="2"]"where are you not going so fast?" (question asked to cyclist on a trainer)[/SIZE]

    [SIZE="2"]*rt*'s fabulous blog[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="2"][SIZE="2"]mm blogging[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 67
    Last Post: 03-01-2005, 07:03 AM
  2. Full Throttle Contest, Conyers, Ga.
    By Del in forum Southeast - GA, TN, AL, FL
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-25-2004, 07:49 PM
  3. No Muddy Buddy in GA???
    By edeckerpc in forum Southeast - GA, TN, AL, FL
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-15-2004, 06:34 AM
  4. Some N Ga snow pics, altho abit OT
    By Duckman in forum Passion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-27-2004, 08:20 AM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-17-2004, 10:28 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •