mtbr member

Coldwater......Moving forward

All I can say is, that is an understatement. I would say the place is moving forward possibly faster than any other place in the South. With the addition of another 5 mile loop that is way cool, they have already begun construction on 1 if not 2 gravity trails. And as if that wasn't enough, they were just awarded 450K for trail construction and are in the final 4 to recieve 30K from Bell Helmets. These people are totally committed and are doing some really cool work. Before the latest construction begun, they did a study on the treadwear pattern of the original trail.

Speaking of committed, maybe they just need to be committed....
    Check em out

Coldwater Mountain Harlem Shake - YouTube

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ironlegsracer View Post
    All I can say is, that is an understatement. I would say the place is moving forward possibly faster than any other place in the South. With the addition of another 5 mile loop that is way cool, they have already begun construction on 1 if not 2 gravity trails. And as if that wasn't enough, they were just awarded 450K for trail construction and are in the final 4 to recieve 30K from Bell Helmets. These people are totally committed and are doing some really cool work. Before the latest construction begun, they did a study on the treadwear pattern of the original trail.

Speaking of committed, maybe they just need to be committed....
    Check em out

Coldwater Mountain Harlem Shake - YouTube
    With that kind of funding i'd imagine they'd be extremely sucessful and its great to hear that there are more people around here like this than OscarW and his team of trail builders in South FL. By the way sweet harlem shake video, one of the better ones i've seen.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    where is coldwater?
    don't sweat the petty things, and pet the sweaty things

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by rekibtm View Post
    where is coldwater?
    Anniston, AL

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    I haven't ridden there yet but have heard that it really isn't the best type of ride for a cross country bike. Is this true? Just curious as I would like to make a trip out there but don't really want to be held back by my bike.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    its designed to be ridden by any type mtn bike, there are trail features that have go arounds. the down hills are very fast, you can either ride them out , manual them, or jump them , what ever blows your skirt up. beautiful scenery to with to large sink holes you ride around that are the result of ancient water falls from glaciers.

I wreck alot
    Man, really need to make it up there. Are the trails pretty crowded on the weekends?

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    never to crowded to ride, lots of room to pass if you need.

mtbr member
    Any xc bike will work but it is recommended to drop the seat in some places. According to the facebook post about the workday this weekend, they'll be working on 3 trails under construction plus the flow trail. Also there are pics on 402trail's fb page, one shows them even working at night! Like I said moving forward so fast your head will spin....