mtbr member
    Jun 2011

Coldwater Mountain

I rode this trail over the Thanksgiving holiday, wow. What a great trail. For the locals that ride this trail I envy you. I do have 1 question somebody might be able to answer for me.

Is there a way to hike/shuttle the bike to the top? Something shorter than the 4+ mile to get to the top? I am planning a trip in Feb, but I am on a SS, the climb was, well not fun on the SS DJ bike. Also after one lap I was done. I would rather hike to the top and ride downhill and repeat if I can cut the climb to the top in shorter time.

I saw some spots that looked like an ATV trail somewhere on the trail that we crossed over, do these lead up to the top? Or is there somewhere near the parking lot that is a more direct path to the top?

Thanks for the help, if there is no other way then I will ride/walk up the mtn.

Bro Mountainbiker
    Yeah, it is an awesome trail! Im 2.5 hours away but wish I was closer.

I dont know about a fire road to the top though. There definitely should be one.

I also think a shuttle to the top would be profitable if it only ran for a few hours on saturdays....
    Raised in a Chicken-Coop by Chickens

mtbr member
    Need to come back. They just opened a new 4 mile loops and I was told they are starting on more this week.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ironlegsracer View Post
    Need to come back. They just opened a new 4 mile loops and I was told they are starting on more this week.
    Ya I can't wait till next month to get back up there.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    I just rode there a few hours ago, that place rocks my socks off! I love the new side trail before climbing up the mountain, you can really haul ass on there.

If they keep building more trail like they have I'll be sending em a donation.

mtbr member
    Go ahead and sign the check....cause they're building 35-45 more miles worth......