mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Cochran Mills, South of Atlanta

Hey Guys and Gals, anyone ride regularly / ever at Cochran Mills in Palmetto? I'm new to the Newnan area and am looking for a quick, but challenging place to ride. I went to Cochran Mills today and couldn't piece together a decent loop. Any help is appreciated...

Go make a difference
    i've been riding in the ATL area for 10 years and have never heard of it. Check with the nice folks at Bike Center in P-Tree City. If it's a rideable area -- legally -- then they'd know about it. If it turns out to be legal and has more than 5 miles of trails, tell us more.
    Charles Myrick
    33North Adventures | Owner
    Bike | Climb | Hike | Paddle
    New trips: Tibet & Bosnia!

Horses and Bikes, Oh My!
    I don't think it's open to bikes. It is an equestrian/horse trail. Try Windridge, which is about 15 minutes outside of Newnan. Also, check on the SORBA forums. www.sorba.org. Someone over there may know.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I actually spoke to the people who run Cochran Mills. They don't mind bikes but don't park at the nature center, they close the gate at around 3pm. Just up from the nature center and on the oppissite side of the road is the county park. I've parked there, crossed the road and followed it to the creek, cross creek and your back at the Nature Center. The county park side has a few miles of trail, but is real muddy and not any good unless its been dry for over a week. And you are correct, it's hard to string any real miles together.
    Windridge isn't bad, alittle technical due to MX riders out there. Get with Steve and leave your $$ on the front pourch in the blue folder.