Thread: Climbworks?

mtbr member
    Nov 2012

Climbworks?

Hey all..

Wanted to know if any of you folks have ridden at Climbworks in Gatlinburg, TN.

If so, what's it like? Might try and give it a go this summer. I'm over in NC and wanted to know if it's worth the trip that way. Trying to string together a summer "trailfest", if you will, and happened to stumble across this park in my research.

Mountain Biking | ClimbWorksCanopy.com

Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Climbworks?-woodwork.jpg  

cowbell
    A group of us talked about going up there last month. The problem we came up with is it's something like a 5 hour round trip, and they really only have one trail open. We were pretty sure if we went up there and rode enough to make the trip worth while, we'd get bored. So we decided against it.

Jackalope Hunter
    I heard that other than the big wooden berm its a pretty mellow trail, but supposed to be fun. There are supposed to be expansion plans to make more trails too.
    B Team represent

OMBA/IMBA Bike Patrol

cowbell
    There are plans for expansion. The one trail that's there right now is entirely ridable by pretty much anyone capable of balancing a bike. That said, faster is more fun. Eventually they're shooting for a pretty good network of trails there, and given some of the other trails in easy driving distance, it may be worth a multi-day trip at some point in the not too distant future.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I rode out there a couple of weekends ago. I live in Knoxville, so it was around an hour drive and it probably wasn't worth the gas to go out there and back... If I remember correctly, the trail was only 2.5 miles long but as previously said they are planning on expanding the trails after they recoup some of the initial investment. When I went it was free if you brought your own bike, but after that weekend they were going to start charging. I rode the loop 6 times but was burnt out on it after 2. Also, I was lucky enough not to encounter too many people until the last couple of loops. If there are kids on the trail it will likely ruin your chance of having fun if you like to go fast.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Hey all...

Thanks for the info on climbworks... Reads like it's a little too small to make it a main run, but I may use it as an add on. Going to be hitting the Brevard/Bryson city area and I've not yet ventured into TN. Any trails you good folks would recommend in the knoxville-ish area...

Thanks again for all the help...

mtbr member
    Jul 2012

Re: Climbworks?

As stated already the climbworks trails are still lacking but will grow....check out outdoorknoxville.com, haw ridge and the south knox system is always good times

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Jackalope Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by mama_said View Post
    Hey all...

Thanks for the info on climbworks... Reads like it's a little too small to make it a main run, but I may use it as an add on. Going to be hitting the Brevard/Bryson city area and I've not yet ventured into TN. Any trails you good folks would recommend in the knoxville-ish area...

Thanks again for all the help...
    Windrock has sick DH trails as well as a killer XC trail, not too far from Knoxville
    B Team represent

OMBA/IMBA Bike Patrol