mtbr member

christmas holiday trip

I am going to be in the mid west(Cincinnati) for approximately 3 weeks over the holidays this winter. I am looking for suggestions as to where i should ride. I plan on heading South for 5 days between x-mas and New Years. I am reading the Chat. might be the best place to travel to (weather permitting). I would like to stay within 8 hours of Cincy so North of Atlanta and anywhere in between.
    I would consider myself as an inshape, fairly comfortable in most technical areas type of rider. I'm from Golden, Co so I am very use to earning my turn with big climbs.
    Thanks for your help!
    Shawn

mtbr member
    Does anyone have a response or suggestion? If you, were to come out to Co. I would definitely have suggestions for you. I understand, you don't want crowded trails but I am just one person and will have only 1 additional person. I promise not to be to rough on your trails.

bust a move
    I am from FL but I ride the southeast often, so having just ridden raccoon mtn 2 weeks ago for the first time, it was really good. Going back in late Oct. There is a campground by the same name there, haven't stayed there just read about it, it has cabins. As for N. GA, the area is awesome, check out mulberry gap campground near Elijay. Ride bear creek, the pinhoti's and a half dozen other pretty good trails. Hope that helps, if you want some more ride Chilhowee, Tanasi (good camping @ both) and Brush creek on your way from Chatt to N. GA. I got more if you need.
    Last edited by 2ridealot; 09-20-2010 at 10:35 AM.
    Falling down is part of LIFE…Getting back up is LIVING…

mtbr member
    Thanks i really appreciate these suggestions. Of course my plans could all change if the SE has a cold wet rainy or snowy fall/ winter. Having grown, up and traveled around those areas as a kid, I figured there to be alot of great riding there, especially N GA. and TN

Official Cooler Inspector
    You sound like you'd be very close to Tsali (Bryson City, NC) and could camp out, or Fontana Village - indoor plumbing. Look these places up. Also, check the NC Forum. A lot of folks West NC/East TN/South VA area post there.

Go ride something.

JF:That's the bootleg I have been looking for my whole life!

Go make a difference
    Call me and I can help you out. I guide trips and rides all over the Southeast and can either point in the direction of a great self guided experience, a fully catered trip, or a mix where I'll take you out for a couple days and show you the sweet spots then leave you to your devices after that.

Contact info is on my website. (look under the event calendar).

Thanks!
    Charles Myrick
    33North Adventures | Owner
    Bike | Climb | Hike | Paddle
    New trips: Tibet & Bosnia!