mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Chilhowee Challenge - Benton, TN

The 2nd Chilhowee Challenge Time Trial is Sunday September 25th.

http://www.sorbachattanooga.com/even...entracereg.php

You can register at the above link until FRIDAY night. This will save you time at Registration Sunday morning. (Only SORBA members can register online)

Registration will open at 7 am and first riders will be off at 8 am. Each Racer will be allowed 3 laps and the best of the 3 laps will count. The last rider off will leave at 11 am and awards should be around 12:30 pm.

Entry Fees: are $15 for SORBA members and $25 for Non-Members (Includes a FREE SORBA membership)

We will be offering Payout for Prizes this year. All classes will get the same payout which is:

1st: $15
    2nd: $10
    3rd: $5

This means for winning the event you pay nothing to race as a SORBA member. As a Non-SORBA member you only pay $10 and get a FREE membership.

We will combine Classes if there are not at least 3 entrants in the class.

Elete Water (http://www.eletewater.com) has provided their Product for Racers on Sunday so we will have Water Coolers and Gatorade onsite.

The Course: 5.5 Mile Course

Leave the Campground up the hill to the parking lot and down Azalea. Turn left on Red Leaf trail and go to Benton Falls. Turn Left on Benton Falls and Turn Right onto Slick Rock and go up to the field. Left out of the field and up the fire road to Naked Widow. Climb Up naked Widow to the Field and go straight across the field to Slick Rock (upper). Take Slick rock down to Benton Falls and turn left. Take a left just a little ways down Benton Falls on the beginning of the lake trail that takes you up to the dam and turn right across the dam. At the end of the dam turn right and down to the campground for the finish.

Course is subject to change based but should retain a similar configuration and will be well marked.

Born on 2 Wheels
    Hey Trey, im coming up there saturday morning. i have a stupid question, i know the schedule states that registration for the festival is at 8:00 if i get there at 9:30 i can still register, right? just making sure
    thanks-
    Sam
    "Shut up and Ride"

Santa Cruz Heckler Ano Silver "Silver Bullet"
    Fox DHX 5.0
    Fox Vanilla 130 R
    AWSOME!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Sure can. We should have a table manned until dinner time.

Born on 2 Wheels
    ok thanks, cant wait to get there!
    -sam
    "Shut up and Ride"

Fox DHX 5.0
    Fox Vanilla 130 R
    AWSOME!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Sam, I just realized who you were vs the guy racing today. Sorry I didn't put 2 and 2 together and catch up with you. You shoudl come ride with us on the week days!

Trey

Time Trial Results:
    http://www.sorbachattanooga.com/arch...ge_results.htm

A Correction to the results we announced at the event. Will Ford won Sport Men and Lee Yarnell took second place. I apologize as this was a computing error that caused this and it has been corrected (Will, we owe you $5 )

Born on 2 Wheels
    Hey Trey, the event was great everything was awsome! It took me a little while to figure out who you were but i finally figured it out haha, i should have said hey to you but just never got around to it. Im defently coming again next year and camp out! The games were fun also just at curiosity since i won the wheelie contest what was the prize? my brother and i had to leave when they where going to give away prizes for the contest. I would love to come ride with you guys on the weekdays, where do you go riding? Great event and swag bags!
    -Sam Edgemon
    "Shut up and Ride"

Fox DHX 5.0
    Fox Vanilla 130 R
    AWSOME!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Thanks for the Swag bag comment! Youare the first person to say anything and we worked our tails off for them.

We ride Lula Lake most Mondays. We ride Booker T or Harrison Bay or Lula Lake or Edwards Point on Wednesdays. And then we hit a trail within about 1.5 hours of Chatt on the weekend.

We just set a bunch of swag out and let the first place winners from the games come pick stuff out so there was no set prize. Good job winning it, Ralph (Last years winner ) had a broken rib but was planning to give it a shot. I never heard the outcome (I snuck off to ride).

Trey