I'm Fat
    Dec 2005

Chewacla State Park - Auburn, AL

Went to ride at Chewacla State Park this weekend. I realize it's not prime riding but it's in between my house and my work and can be some fun circuit riding. This was the first time I've ridden this place in 8 years (I moved away and came back). Funny how things never change, I even remember specific roots and my original approach to them. I also chuckled the entire time about how some spots used to be problem areas.

To the point... One of the trails (#7) was pretty much non-existant as it looks like it's never been cleaned since Huricane Ivan came through last year. There were small trees/limbs down and the trail was impossible to follow. However it does look like they are "trying" to clear out some of the fallen wood. #7 is needed to complete a "loop" in the upper area of the park.
    Does anyone know the best way to approach the state park about assisting in getting this trail usable again since it doesn't look like they are in a hurry? And would anyone in the area be interested in helping with this? I've always liked the park for a quick 30 minute after work/school ride and it literally is now in Auburn as the town has grown out to it, so the accessibilty makes it great. Plus it's across the road from where I work and weekday riding after work is limited to day light right now.
    Is it possible to work things out like this with the AL state park's?
    Eric Hagan - Auburn Alabama
    '06 Kona Coiler Dee-Lux

Shortcutting Hikabiker
    Chewacla has alot of potential for a nice short MTB trail. I've ridden it a few times in the last like 6 years when visiting family in Auburn and it wasn't bad but could be really nice if there was a group willing to do some trail work.