mtbr member
    Jan 2013

Camping at Santos first timer question

Hey all im headed up to Santos Campgrounds this sunday for a 2 night stay. Ive never been on the Santos trails and was wondering if anyone knew how far the trailhead is from the campgrounds and if anyone has any tips for a firstimer to both the the campgrounds and trails.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    The campground is right next to the trailhead. You can't miss it. Check out the OMBA website for a map and more info.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Like Strow said. It's that easy. Just print out a few maps.
    Maps

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    thanks that should make it easy the. its supposed to be nice and cool while im there also which should nice

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Never had a bad time there. Even when I knocked my self out and took 6 stitches to the chin. :-)

mtbr member
    You'll love Santos! Some of the best trails in Florida.
    2013 SC Tallboy C
    2011 Niner EMD9

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Just an update. I made it out there, trailhead and parking lot were very close by, no need to worry there. It was 26 degrees when we woke up and having slept the night in a tent, we were extremely cold. We hit the trails in the morning and made it to the vortex section where I tested the limits of my hardtail. I definitely am going to save up for a full suspension especially after taking one of the "expert rider only" drops and having my rear wheel disconnect upon landing. I managed to escape with only a slightly bent rear rim. My buddy who was mountain biking for the first time did not manage so well. He ended up with brake, rim, and even a bent saddle after a few falls. Still we got in 2 full days of riding. We had a blast and I'm looking forward to doing it again.

Jackalope Hunter
    Your buddy should not be riding expert level trails on his first MTB ride.
    "That which does not kill you makes you stronger"

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Yeah I agree but he said he could handle it. He walked away with a better appreciation for the trails at least and wants to go out again. It should be noted that after a spin on the vortex trails he requested we stick to the yellows and blues.

Jackalope Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by k9rocco View Post
    He walked away with a better appreciation for the trails at least and wants to go out again.
    Right on!
    "That which does not kill you makes you stronger"