Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Camping Near San Felasco

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Superfly Lee 
#1 ·
I'm wanting to take my daughters down to San Felasco for a day or 2, and then on o Ocala for a couple days. I looked on the state park website, unfortunately looks like no camping at San Felasco. Are there any nice campgrounds close by? If not what's the closest decent hotel? Thanks for any advice.

#3 ·
Cannot recommend camping. However San Felasco is in the town of Alachua and there are a few motels in the area. About 15 minutes due west is High Springs ( local BMX track) and several nice inns such as

Home

San Felasco is in Progress Park just east of downtown Alachua.

Benn there or Santos before? Need anymore info PM me.

#4 ·
Thanks for your replies! No I haven't been to San Felasco or Santos before. I know that Santos is very popular and has a ton of miles, but Felasco looks like it might actually be more to my liking. We might wind up doing 2 days at both. Probably wind up hitting a hotel 1 night in Alachua and then camping 3 nights in Ocala. Have you ever camped at Santos? How's the campground?

#5 ·
We live about 15 minutes from San Felasco. Would recommend a hotel in Alachua over an Inn at High Springs. As for the Santos Camp ground, I can not say enough good things about it. The family has camped there several times. It is smaller, very clean and well maintained. Always have met interesting and friendly people there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.