mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Camping in Chattanooga?

Can anyone recommend a place to camp near the trails in Chattanooga? Anywhere that you can ride from the tent is a plus, but not a requirement. I'm looking to hit up Raccoon mainly, but may venture out to check out some other trails.

mtbr member
    Not sure of a place near Raccoon, but it's close to downtown and everywhere else. Chester Frost Park and Harrison Bay State Park are decent places. Another option is camping at Ocoee in the Cherokee National Forrest. The camp ground is at the top of the Clemmer trail. It's a small nicely equipped camp ground with great views. That would put you a little over an hour to raccoon, or about 45 minutes from Enterprise and White Oak Mountain (same south direction as raccoon). There are several nice trails near Ocoee, rideable from campground. Five Points would also be on my short list after Raccoon and White Oak Mountain.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    There is a campground on the other side of Raccoon Mountain called Raccoon Mountain Camp Grounds. Another option is to stay at the Crash Pad. It's a hostel style place geared for outdoor types. Bunks as low as $25 per night.

mtbr member
    Aug 2003

Camping in Chattanooga?

How are the raccoon mountain trails? Will be there tonight and riding tomorrow there but wanted a quick update if they are good to ride

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Most of Raccoon is just fine, but please stay off Livewire. It is currently still drying out from all the rough weather we had. FYI, we are having a race at Booker T Washington State Park on Sunday, so either avoid the trail or come out and race.

Pick Your Poison XC ? Team SORBA Chattanooga

mtbr member
    Aug 2003

Camping in Chattanooga?

Awesome I will stay off live wire, I will be on the NC Blue Ridge Parkway Sunday, Clemson Saturday. What other area would be as good and safe to ride in Chattanooga

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Everything in town should be in good shape. 5-Points, Stringer's Ridge, Enterprise South Nature Park, Booker, and White Oak Mountain are all in great shape. If you go to White Oak Mountain, stay off Copperhead. It's in the same condition as Livewire last I heard.

mtbr member
    Aug 2003

Camping in Chattanooga?

Thank you, I'll ride a couple tomorrow! If your bored come join