Thread: Blanket Creek?

mtbr member

Blanket Creek?

I hear this place is packed on the weekend. what is the best time/dau to ride when it isnt packed?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2013 Cannonale Jekyll 3 M

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    I have never had an issue during the week. But it really depends on your definition of packed. Parking used to be the main issue but that should be better with the new setup.

I have never had any issues once on the trails. A couple of passes here or there.

mtbr member
    How does it compare to big creek or chicopee?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2013 Cannonale Jekyll 3 M

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by fondoo View Post
    How does it compare to big creek or chicopee?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    Blankets is fun b/c it truly has something for everyone. There's some flat, beginner trails, some more advanced trails with a few jumps and berms, and even a little freeride area with a big wall ride at the end.

Big Creek is cool, too. The trails aren't overly technical or challenging, and they wind in upon themselves more due to the limited acreage available. There's a fun little DH / Freeride area at the back corner of the property, though, with a few different lines you can take down.

Chicopee was the closest trail system to me when I lived in GA, and it's the one I'm most familiar with. The Flying Squirrel trail has great flow, and is a lot of fun (but not technical). Copperhead Gap is a little more technical, with a little more climbing. Coyote Trail is nice too. It's a good XC trail system with about 23 miles of trails total, but not too exciting if you're looking for really technical riding or looking to catch air.
    Tire Design & Development Engineer. The opinions expressed in this forum are solely my own.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    I've found mornings worse than afternoon on weekends. traffic on Sundays can be bad b/c of church nearby, but not a big deal.

Really like Chicopee, not as big a fan of Big Creek. also, rope mill (one exit before sixes road on 575, heading north) is a good place - parking can be bad there, though.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcthgreen View Post
    I've found mornings worse than afternoon on weekends. traffic on Sundays can be bad b/c of church nearby, but not a big deal.

Really like Chicopee, not as big a fan of Big Creek. also, rope mill (one exit before sixes road on 575, heading north) is a good place - parking can be bad there, though.
    I have never ridden Big Creek and from what I have heard I shouldn't rush to do so. But Chicopee is quite similar and a lot of fun. Blankets is kept up very well and has amazing signage as well as all trails are one directon. When I rode Chicopee it wasn't (or I just flat out missed the signs as I had riders going both passing and comming up head on).

Rope Mill is a blast as well. One of the more fun Beginner trails I have ever ridden for a metro trail and the Intermediate trail has some great flow. I have heard flying squirrel compared to Avalanche (Intermediate at Rope) and it sounds about right although I don't remember which was which at Chicopee.

Rope Mill was the best kept secret for a while however it seems to be getting more crowded and the word is out.