mtbr member

Bike and Hike in FL, GA

Hello I'm in Gainesville. My buddy has this great idea for us to do a four day trip to start of the new year. Ideally we would like to get dropped of 200-250 mi. away and make our way back to Gainesville. Thing is I don't know of any trails that would accommodate that. So our next option would be to find a piece of the Florida Trail and make due with that. (Personally I don't like the FL trail for biking) Our last option would be to find something in GA ( preferably south) that would accommodate such an adventure.

If you guys have any ideas, suggestions, maps or advice please help us out.
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    May be a little further then your wanting to go but I would go to Mulberry Gap. The folks that run it offer killer food, accommodations and the trails are down right awesome. Bike-in/bike-out. Or shuttle it.

Mulberry Gap, home of the unique mountain bike destination

Trail Rider
    Jun 2009
    You can easily make a mostly dirt route of that length and end in Gainesville, infact its been done to a greater length.

Keep in mind this won't be all singletrack. It will be more forest roads and dirt roads, some pavement connectors, and the minority will be singletrack.

Start looking up State Forests, Wildlife Management Areas, State Parks, get an Ocala National Forest map, and start connecting it all up to your desired length.

mtbr member

Bike and Hike in FL, GA

Quote Originally Posted by SuPrBuGmAn View Post
    You can easily make a mostly dirt route of that length and end in Gainesville, infact its been done to a greater length.

Keep in mind this won't be all singletrack. It will be more forest roads and dirt roads, some pavement connectors, and the minority will be singletrack.

Start looking up State Forests, Wildlife Management Areas, State Parks, get an Ocala National Forest map, and start connecting it all up to your desired length.
    Thanks for the info! I had already started looking at maps if the FL trail which goes thru ONF. The State Parks and WMA are a good idea.

Have you done it before?

mtbr member

Bike and Hike in FL, GA

Quote Originally Posted by ChiliDog76 View Post
    May be a little further then your wanting to go but I would go to Mulberry Gap. The folks that run it offer killer food, accommodations and the trails are down right awesome. Bike-in/bike-out. Or shuttle it.

Mulberry Gap, home of the unique mountain bike destination
    This place looks awesome. Not right for this trip but I will definitely keep it in mind for another trip! Thanks!

Trail Rider
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by count123 View Post
    Thanks for the info! I had already started looking at maps if the FL trail which goes thru ONF. The State Parks and WMA are a good idea.

Have you done it before?
    I ride out of Tallahassee so haven't done a bikepacking trip out of Gainesville, but I know several who have. Look up Singletrack Samurai Productions on Facebook and look around. He's done a lot out in that neck of woods, including some very sizable rides that go through Gainesville and connect up to San Felasco and Ocala National Forest(and a whole lot more).

mtbr member

Bike and Hike in FL, GA

Quote Originally Posted by SuPrBuGmAn View Post
    I ride out of Tallahassee so haven't done a bikepacking trip out of Gainesville, but I know several who have. Look up Singletrack Samurai Productions on Facebook and look around. He's done a lot out in that neck of woods, including some very sizable rides that go through Gainesville and connect up to San Felasco and Ocala National Forest(and a whole lot more).
    Cool!