Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Big thumbs up to Wig's Wheels, Anniston, AL

902 views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Atl-Biker 
#1 ·
Friday late afternoon, about 45 minutes before the shop closed, I showed up at Wig's fresh off the trail with a dirty bike and some mechanical issues. I had driven 4 hours to get to Anniston, and I had ridden just Iron Legs before the problems popped up (none of which showed up on my local trail shake down rides).

I offered to take my muddy bike to a coin op car wash first, but they said, don't worry about it, just come in through the side door so the mud doesn't get on the showroom floor.

Almost 90 minutes later, I saw them deliver two other bikes, left with all my mechanical issues sorted, a lot of friendly conversation, AND, because the mechanic used to own a Carve like mine, a fix for crank arm play that I couldn't figure out.

It was VERY fairly priced.

And on top of all that, they had a well stocked showroom to walk through.

#7 ·
The Coldwater trails are some of the best I've ridden in the South. Bomb Dog might be my favorite trail. There about 25 miles of trails right there. Wig said they planned for another 10 by the fall.

You've also got Iron Legs about 10 minutes away which is good-not-great. There are probably 4 or 5 trails within a 30 minute drive of Anniston. Oak Mountain in Birmingham is an hour away.

#4 ·
I've bought two bikes there. First was a Trek Marlin and just recently a Stumpy Evo. One busy Saturday I brought my wife's bike in for a tune up hoping to go for a ride the next day. We didn't buy her bike there but they carved out the time and got it done same day knowing we planned a ride on Sunday.

Good guys and easy to deal with. They've earned my repeat business and when I replace my wife's bike it will come from Wigs.

Sent from my Note 2 using Tapatalk 4

#9 ·
Coldwater Mountain is definitely worth the drive from Atlanta, even Gwinnett. It's a great system and they seem to be adding more trail all the time. The only issue I had on the last ride there was that I was coming down Bomb Dog late in the afternoon and lots of that trail was headed dead into the sun. Definitely made me work more especially since I don't get to ride it often and don't know every rock and bump.

But I'll go back in a heart beat! I parked at the south end near I-20 last couple of times, but next time I think i'll try the Anniston end as a starting point.

#10 ·
But I'll go back in a heart beat! I parked at the south end near I-20 last couple of times, but next time I think i'll try the Anniston end as a starting point.
The group I rode with has parked at the Anniston end (GPS to Monsanto and C Streets in Anniston) twice now and prefers it. This was my second time to the trails, and I agree - it's easier coming down Hare at the end of the ride then riding up Bomb Dog. Better to have the Bomb Dog climb halfway through the ride.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.