Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Best technical trail in the savannah/atlanta corridor?

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  GTscoob 
#1 ·
I'm from Tampa and heading to Savannah for the 4th. I love technical trails like the Vortex trail at Santos. 4ft drops are no problem. I've been scouring the GA trail list but not seeing much E and SE of Altanta. Are there any great freeride or all-mountain trails in this area? My wife can shuttle me if there are any that can be shuttled. The ideal trail would be like the vortex except 15-25 miles long and with a lot of elevation changes. What should I check out?

#4 ·
Thanks, I was thinking about trying Dausett, but the reviews are so mixed, one person says there are 4-5 foot drops, and the next says the trail isn't technical at all lol. How does Blankets compare to Dausett? Since there seem to be no good trails in SE GA, what is the best trail within 1 hour of Atlanta?

#6 ·
Dausett is an excellent trail system. I don't think they are talking about Freeride style drops at Dausett. It's a great XC trail with some harder climbing in the middle of the system. Plenty of mileage if you ride all the trails. Blankets has a little less mileage and is more flowy but also, very fun. They also have a short DH jump line there (Quehl Holler).
Google

There are a lot of good trail within a hour of at Atlanta but if your looking for DH, shuttle, or longer climbs and mileage. The Ellijay area is what your after but that's 5+ hours from Savannah. You could be in NC's Bent Creek, Asheville area in that time. Also, Beech Mtn has lift access Fri-Sun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.