Praise da lowered

Bear Creek Trail Maps

Thinking about doing the Bear Creek trail system in Elijay GA next weekend, but I couldn't find a nice detail map of the trail. Does anybody have a link or anything that looks decent they could send me so I won't get lost? Did Bull Mountain this past week, and let me tell you. Without a map I would have never gotten out of there. Thanks ahead of time.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    These folks have a good map and suggested routes: http://www.cartecaybikes.com/rides/bearcreek.htm

I usually prefer to ride trails with more flow because I'm slow on those long climbs, but have been thinking of riding BC. If you aren't an advanced rider and want someone to tag along, shoot me a pm. I may be interested.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    I second the Cartecay Bikes maps.

However, this one also has a lot of other trails in the area you may wish to explore.

No, that is not me in the corner of the map.

Praise da lowered
    Thanks for the map guys! Will probably be riding Bear Creek this Thursday for the first time. Will definetly give my opinion of the ride afterwards.

Al.
    Hooligan
    That map is awesome.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I prefer the Pinhotis. A good ride is to go to Mulberry Gap and see if you can get shuttled to top of Bear Creek (nice folks). Down Bear, Pinhoti 1, Pinhoti 2 back to Mulberry Gap. If you feel up to it, add in Pinhoti 3 out and back. On the map, Mulberry Gap is just after Pinhoti 3.

Praise da lowered
    That sounds like what I might do. Instead of doing a loop. I just need to find somebody to shuttle me up Bear Creek so I can ride back out.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    If you tip them a few bucks, someone at Mulberry Gap will run you up. A young couple a 2 aunts (I think) run the place and cater to mountain bikers. Great people, I've stayed there and highly recommend if you want to do a night or weekend at some point. P2 has a really great down for the second half, super fast and flowy. P3 is worth the ride if you have any steam left. Some cool switchbacks. Up most of the way out, down back. Look for the bike up in the tree across the road when you get to the far end.

Praise da lowered
    Let me get this straight Mulberry Gap is like a bed and breakfast? Schweeeet! I might have to plan and make this a nice weekend trip.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jkeo770
    Let me get this straight Mulberry Gap is like a bed and breakfast? Schweeeet! I might have to plan and make this a nice weekend trip.
    Cabins (more like bunk rooms), breakfast, lunch, dinner included, rec room with big screen tv, games, ride out, etc, etc, etc. All mountain bikers. Pretty cheap as I recall as well. You can ride the morning, go back for lunch and some big screen sports and then back out for the afternoon. All home cooked meals. I give it 5 stars.

Praise da lowered
    Nice! Thanks for the info Woozle. Just thinking about planning this is getting me stoked. I guess I'm going to have to Google Mulberry Gap and get more info. Thanks again.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Al.
    That map is awesome.
    I would have suspected as much.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006

Mulberry Gap!!

I'm another vote for Mulberry Gap. The people are great and the place is awesome. We camped there last time and 15 bucks a night per person is great deal for all the amenities. Plus they'll shuttle you to the top which is a great service!
    Last edited by nolesworld; 08-11-2010 at 05:09 AM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Mulberry Gap here! Yes, we are a bed and breakfast (and dinner) place that caters to mountain bikers. Cabins are some bunk and some couple friendly, camping also. Shuttles available. If you riding alone, we ask you to park and ride from here (even if you are not staying here) because it's safer. You can sign in and let us know where you are going and if you don't come back when you should, we'll come looking for you. We have a pocket map you can carry with you as well. New website coming soon with more information.

Praise da lowered
    Quote Originally Posted by Gapper
    Mulberry Gap here! Yes, we are a bed and breakfast (and dinner) place that caters to mountain bikers. Cabins are some bunk and some couple friendly, camping also. Shuttles available. If you riding alone, we ask you to park and ride from here (even if you are not staying here) because it's safer. You can sign in and let us know where you are going and if you don't come back when you should, we'll come looking for you. We have a pocket map you can carry with you as well. New website coming soon with more information.
    Nice! I'll definetly keep in touch. Wanting to do a weekend stay. So let me get this straight. I can actually park there and ride out from there? I usually ride alone and I think that is great you guys provide all of that.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Yes, that is correct. We offer shuttles if you don't want to do all the climbing but you can easily ride back to us from the Pinhoti trails & Bear Creek. Longer rides would be from Windy Gap-Tibbs-Milma and Mountaintown. If you park and ride, we ask that you park near The Barn so we know you are on property. For a small donation, you are welcome to shower after your ride and food is available with advance notice. Look forward to meeting you!