mtbr member

Balm Boyette Conditions?

I'm coming down to Tampa tonight (from Gainesville) and want to ride Boyette tomorrow morning if the conditions are ok. We've been getting tons of rain in Gainesville and the trails are too wet to ride without tearing them up.

So how's Boyette? Is Ridgeline open? Thanks.

mtbr member
    Ridgeline is usually closed this time of the year, and I heard the 2 mile ride to the trails was under water a few weeks ago. I haven't been there to see myself so don't even think this post helps lol ill be at Alafia tomorrow which is about 15mins away.
    2011 Trek 4300....
    2009 Specialized Elite Stumpjumper....

mtbr member

Balm Boyette Conditions?

How are the conditions? I was thinking of riding it tomorrow to escape the Alafia crowds.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Rode there Thursday, Ridgeline is closed but the remaining trails are all open and in good condition, double track in/out is now dry with just a couple remaining mud patches.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Could use from trimming at the moment. The grass on double track areas is high.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Boyette trails are in nice shape. We have been trying to get a handle on trail maintenance, but Ridgeline is still closed. Should be open before too long though. The Abyss's need some attention too. Still with 23 miles to choose from missing almost 3 miles from RL isn't too bad.

Several erosion repairs have been made in the last 2 months that should hold up well. We also have a few folks volunteering their time to get the Quadrant trails cleaned up nicely and it shows!

For you folks who remember Corkscrew we are more than halfway through resurrecting that and I think you will like it!

Anyway, getting closer to the end of the rainy season which means getting closer to reopening Ridgeline. Still easy enough to grab 18-20 miles with the rest of the trail system.

turtles make me hot
    Bring plenty of water. I rode there Tuesday and drank my entire Camelbak plus a 16 oz bottle. It's hot.
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    Is the double track in and out rideable as of now or would I be wading?

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    The double track is a bit muddy going out. Most of the trails have been in good shape except the traditionally wet clay ones. A rider slid out and crashed pretty good on Sidewinder Friday. Not much traction when it's slick. Other trails besides N. Abyss/S. Abyss is holding up if you want to get some mileage and a ride in. Of course the more technical trails are a little slick with last nights rain too.

mtbr member
    Rode this morning. +1 to what the post says above me. The double track out was under water in spots, but not the worst thing in the world. Otherwise just a little slick.