mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Baker's Dozen race this year?

Some race promoters are announcing their races for next year already. And I'm trying to set a tentative schedule. Does anyone know if the Baker's Dozen 13 hour race near Augusta will take place this year? Same date? What are the conditions of the course?

paintbucket
    Best place to ask is probably here:

http://sorbacsra.proboards23.com/index.cgi

As far as I know they're doing it again, at the same location. Date should be about the same as well -- early-mid April.
    When the going gets weird its bedtime.

mtbr member
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by jrwmojo
    Some race promoters are announcing their races for next year already. And I'm trying to set a tentative schedule. Does anyone know if the Baker's Dozen 13 hour race near Augusta will take place this year? Same date? What are the conditions of the course?
    April 22 with an April 29 rain date. The rain situation will be announced several days in advance.

Field will be limited to the 150 riders, first come, first serve. I think there were 122 last year, 70ish the year before that. Race director wants it to stay small.

Solo, 2-rider and 4-rider only this year. No 3-rider class. Prizes are the same etched pint glasses. Solo male & female. Men, women, and coed in the 2 and 4 rider classes. I think they go 3 deep in solo, 2 deep in 2-rider and winner only in 4-rider. I am not sure about all this prize info being accurate, so don't quote me.

Fees stay the same. $35 for SORBA members, $45 for non-SORBA members, $50 you race/ride and join SORBA (new members only, not renewals). I am sure about this part.

Course will be in excellent shape for the race. I am sure it is now. The course will be 99% the same, with the exception of taking out those two 90 degree turns in the gravel 2-way traffic section. I parked by the lower of these curves last year and there were too many near misses....entertaining though. I think the USFS will allow the race to have a temporary route starting up by the fee box that gets us off the gravel for the return into the transition area.

This is the best I can recall from my last conversation with the race director.

Oh yea, they've ditched the computerized scoring that caused the problems in 2005. Going back to the manual scoreboard that worked well in 2003 and 2004.

paintbucket
    Oooh, I like that date. It might not conflict with Ouachita.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    thanks for the info, y'all. and maybe i'll see ya there.

rey
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by wooglin
    Oooh, I like that date. It might not conflict with Ouachita.

Are you referrring to the Challenge? Wasnt that a blast last year! The web site isn't showing any dates yet......

paintbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by rey
    Are you referrring to the Challenge? Wasnt that a blast last year! The web site isn't showing any dates yet......
    I am. The OC is usually (I think) the last weekend in March. Last year was odd because there was a scheduling conflict for some reason. I think that was Easter weekend.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005

Good job! 3 rider category!

Due to popular demand , the 3-rider category has been reinstated.