Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Attn: Bike Stolen in Eustis/Mt. Dora

1K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  [dB]Will 
#1 ·
It's been a hectic couple of weeks with having a death in the family, my dog getting diagnosed with heart disease, and friends coming to visit, but this is about to put me over the edge. Sometime within the past week or so my blue Diamondback Sorrento (model year: 08) was stolen from my garage. This theft happened while I was home (as I never leave the garage open when I'm not) and I have zero leads. I live in a semi-private community (no realt thru-roads) right near the high school. I'm thinking that a kid leaving school walked through my neighborhood and thought it would beat walking. The thing is, ,mostly everyone in my neighborhood leaves their garage open during the day while they're home.

Anyways, I did a quick sweep of the surrounding neighborhoods and stopped into a pawn shop, but to no avail. If anyone in the area spots this bike please PM me or reply to this thread. The bike is a BLUE ModelYear: 08 Diamondback Sorrento with Easton bars and Maxxis tires. Any help is appreciated.

Sorry, this is the best picture I have of it...

See less See more
G
#3 ·
I will keep my eyes open for it , as I have seen you and that bike before. May not make it as far as I am, but you never know and I do ride in your area every other week usually. Good luck and I hope you retrieve it back in one piece. :thumbsup:

BTW, where was that pic taken? Is there some kind of transition for that jump?

#7 ·
Thanks guys, every extra set of eyes helps...

Yeah that pic was taken at El Doble at Markham. That was pretty much the only decent pic of the bike that I had but I wasn't hesitant about posting it ;)

ChiliPepper1 said:
I will keep my eyes open for it , as I have seen you and that bike before. May not make it as far as I am, but you never know and I do ride in your area every other week usually. Good luck and I hope you retrieve it back in one piece. :thumbsup:
Thanks dude. Have we met before or just rode past each other on the trails? Are you on ClubMud by chance?

G
#8 ·
[dB]Will said:
Thanks guys, every extra set of eyes helps...

Yeah that pic was taken at El Doble at Markham. That was pretty much the only decent pic of the bike that I had but I wasn't hesitant about posting it ;)

Thanks dude. Have we met before or just rode past each other on the trails? Are you on ClubMud by chance?
I have seen you riding that bike before, but not sure as to where it was at. Either at Santos, LBE, Soldiers Creek, or the GFT down where I am at. It is also possible down south at one point in time, but I am thinking one of the ones I mentioned above. Great possibility at the GFT, well, that's if you have rode there before. I am not a member of ClubMud but I have posted on that site before. I usually ride with my son, and he rides a gray FR bike and I ride a chrome gravity bike every where we go. :D

#10 ·
ChiliPepper1 said:
I have seen you riding that bike before, but not sure as to where it was at. Either at Santos, LBE, Soldiers Creek, or the GFT down where I am at. It is also possible down south at one point in time, but I am thinking one of the ones I mentioned above. Great possibility at the GFT, well, that's if you have rode there before. I am not a member of ClubMud but I have posted on that site before. I usually ride with my son, and he rides a gray FR bike and I ride a chrome gravity bike every where we go. :D
Well I'm from Ft. Lauderdale and just moved up to this area. I've really ever rode Markham and Oleta (not counting my trip to N*) so chances are if you saw me it was at either one of those trailheads.

G
#12 ·
[dB]Will said:
Well I'm from Ft. Lauderdale and just moved up to this area. I've really ever rode Markham and Oleta (not counting my trip to N*) so chances are if you saw me it was at either one of those trailheads.
Thinking about it, have you ever rode at the Ft. Pierce MTB trail or maybe Halipak a bit south of Ft. Pierce?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.