Curb Jumper

Attn: Bike Stolen in Eustis/Mt. Dora

It's been a hectic couple of weeks with having a death in the family, my dog getting diagnosed with heart disease, and friends coming to visit, but this is about to put me over the edge. Sometime within the past week or so my blue Diamondback Sorrento (model year: 08) was stolen from my garage. This theft happened while I was home (as I never leave the garage open when I'm not) and I have zero leads. I live in a semi-private community (no realt thru-roads) right near the high school. I'm thinking that a kid leaving school walked through my neighborhood and thought it would beat walking. The thing is, ,mostly everyone in my neighborhood leaves their garage open during the day while they're home.

Anyways, I did a quick sweep of the surrounding neighborhoods and stopped into a pawn shop, but to no avail. If anyone in the area spots this bike please PM me or reply to this thread. The bike is a BLUE ModelYear: 08 Diamondback Sorrento with Easton bars and Maxxis tires. Any help is appreciated.

Sorry, this is the best picture I have of it...

TRANCER
    You were just dying to post that picture! Weren't you?

Sorry to hear about your loss dude. Hope you find it soon.
    Ride

ChiliPepper1
    I will keep my eyes open for it , as I have seen you and that bike before. May not make it as far as I am, but you never know and I do ride in your area every other week usually. Good luck and I hope you retrieve it back in one piece.

BTW, where was that pic taken? Is there some kind of transition for that jump?

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I'll keep a lookout for it.

Jackalope Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiliPepper1

BTW, where was that pic taken? Is there some kind of transition for that jump?
    Looks like El Doble at Markham.
    B Team represent

OMBA/IMBA Bike Patrol

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jayjudy13
    Looks like El Doble at Markham.

i helped build that jump
    Deltona (between daytona and orlando)
    2006 trek liquid with beefy freeride components for my fat arse

Curb Jumper
    Thanks guys, every extra set of eyes helps...

Yeah that pic was taken at El Doble at Markham. That was pretty much the only decent pic of the bike that I had but I wasn't hesitant about posting it

I will keep my eyes open for it , as I have seen you and that bike before. May not make it as far as I am, but you never know and I do ride in your area every other week usually. Good luck and I hope you retrieve it back in one piece.
    Thanks dude. Have we met before or just rode past each other on the trails? Are you on ClubMud by chance?

ChiliPepper1
    Quote Originally Posted by [dB]Will
    Thanks guys, every extra set of eyes helps...

Yeah that pic was taken at El Doble at Markham. That was pretty much the only decent pic of the bike that I had but I wasn't hesitant about posting it

Thanks dude. Have we met before or just rode past each other on the trails? Are you on ClubMud by chance?
    I have seen you riding that bike before, but not sure as to where it was at. Either at Santos, LBE, Soldiers Creek, or the GFT down where I am at. It is also possible down south at one point in time, but I am thinking one of the ones I mentioned above. Great possibility at the GFT, well, that's if you have rode there before. I am not a member of ClubMud but I have posted on that site before. I usually ride with my son, and he rides a gray FR bike and I ride a chrome gravity bike every where we go.

mtbr member

New question here.

did you have the serial number? if so, did you make a police report so it could be entered into FCIC?

Curb Jumper
    I have seen you riding that bike before, but not sure as to where it was at. Either at Santos, LBE, Soldiers Creek, or the GFT down where I am at. It is also possible down south at one point in time, but I am thinking one of the ones I mentioned above. Great possibility at the GFT, well, that's if you have rode there before. I am not a member of ClubMud but I have posted on that site before. I usually ride with my son, and he rides a gray FR bike and I ride a chrome gravity bike every where we go.
    Well I'm from Ft. Lauderdale and just moved up to this area. I've really ever rode Markham and Oleta (not counting my trip to N*) so chances are if you saw me it was at either one of those trailheads.

Curb Jumper
    Quote Originally Posted by FLMike
    did you have the serial number? if so, did you make a police report so it could be entered into FCIC?
    I can't find my paperwork for the bike. I still think it's at my parents house down south but I'm not sure. I've been tearing apart my office looking for it...

ChiliPepper1
    Quote Originally Posted by [dB]Will
    Well I'm from Ft. Lauderdale and just moved up to this area. I've really ever rode Markham and Oleta (not counting my trip to N*) so chances are if you saw me it was at either one of those trailheads.
    Thinking about it, have you ever rode at the Ft. Pierce MTB trail or maybe Halipak a bit south of Ft. Pierce?

Curb Jumper
    Thinking about it, have you ever rode at the Ft. Pierce MTB trail or maybe Halipak a bit south of Ft. Pierce?
    No, sorry. Maybe you're thinking of someone else?