mtbr member
    Dec 2012

Atlanta, GA and Blue Ridge Mountains - xmas and NY

would like to hit a couple trails while i'm out there during this time

was looking at Stanley's Gap in blue ridge, but not sure how successful i'll be if there's snow

also Blankets Creek or Olympic Trail near ATL

any recommendations or anyone up for some riding during the break?

will be cold as hell but i'm addicted to mountain biking

go vegan!
    Sep 2010
    depending on my work schedule I might be able to hit up the olympic trail (assuming you mean the horse park in conyers).

where are you from?

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    yeah conyers, the link to the trail here - 1996 Atlanta Olympic Trail Georgia Trail Reviews

the trail intersects horse trails, but i don't think it talks about riding the entire horse trail

coming in from houston with my gf who used to live out there...we'll be visiting her family in alabama, then head to blue ridge, then ATL, then back home

have to figure out which days i'll be able to ride tho

mtbr member
    Yes on blankets creek. Really nice trail system that's done right. We drive about two hours to ride it.

go vegan!
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by sinfony78 View Post
    yeah conyers, the link to the trail here - 1996 Atlanta Olympic Trail Georgia Trail Reviews

the trail intersects horse trails, but i don't think it talks about riding the entire horse trail

coming in from houston with my gf who used to live out there...we'll be visiting her family in alabama, then head to blue ridge, then ATL, then back home

have to figure out which days i'll be able to ride tho
    Yeah there's some fun riding in conyers.
    Just PM and I'll see if I'm not working.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Stanley gap system is good and also pinhoti's in Ellijay and tansi up at whitewater center all 3 are great rides and very close to blue ridge. While in Atlanta blankets is good consistently one of the top 10 in the country. When your up towards Blue Ridge hit me up be glad to take you.
    Depending on time here there are several more trails that are great rides like bull and jake mountian.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    I will pm both you guys when I figure out what days I'll be there. right now looking at 28 thru 30 blue ridge then hotlanta a few days after. thanks

mtbr member
    Nov 2013

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Let me know if you want to do blankets, I live about 5 miles from there and ride it weekly. My favorite trail system. I will be back in town on the 1st of Jan. You can get in around 20 miles if you do the entire circuit and blankets.

mtbr member
    Suggest you ride Rope Mill trails after Blankets Creek just one exit south, Ridgewalk Rd EXIT 9. Currenlty 9 twisted hilly miles of trail in two sections (Explorer - 3m - otherside [under] I-575 and Avalanche - 6m)
    ScubaCruz
    www.sorba.org

Go make a difference
    If you're going to Blue Ridge, I'd definitely ride Stanley Gap but there's a nice loop to make instead of just doing the out and back on Stanley (which really kinda hurts, depending on your fitness).

Tanasi is about 20 minutes away and WELL worth the drive -- ~30 miles of singletrack plus a couple hundred of FS roads. Less (hurtful) climbing if you stay on the Tanasi system.

If you want something technically easier but still fast and flowy, head north from Blue Ridge to Hiawassee and ride Jackrabbit.

The Horse Park is fun and challenging all in one. If you go there, don't miss out on the granite -- that's why you go ride there! It's across the road from the parking area.

Feel free to hit me up if you want specific info. I'm leading a ride at Clemson on New Year's Day and all are welcome. Plenty of singletrack to keep everyone happy for however long we want to ride!
    Charles Myrick
    33North Adventures | Owner
    Bike | Climb | Hike | Paddle
    New trips: Tibet & Bosnia!

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    thanks for all the suggestions, will hit u all up when in a few weeks

flyboy, i'll be heading back home by the 2nd...and i'll be recovering on the 1st