Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

ATL friends- suggest me some new trails to check out

2K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  titusracer 
#1 ·
hey everyone. been riding conyers and yellow river a bunch but want to check out some more local trails, the closer to the city the better.

I've ridden ft yargo and dauset also, love both.

thanks in advance.

#7 ·
Enhance por favor.... I ride Sope quite a bit, only ones I've seen that could resemble hidden trails are by the apartments on the Cochran Shoals loop

I've also videos of descents on a hill lined with shrubs and no trees which I believe leads down to Columns dr...anyone know how to get there?

#4 ·
I regularly ride Yargo, Harbins Park, Chicopee, and Blankets Creek.

While Harbins is my go-to ride when things are wet, the other three are equally fantastic. Chicopee may be my favorite of the bunch. Sometimes I feel like I'm in the jungles of Costa Rica and not an hour outside of the biggest city in the Southeast. It's a gorgeous trail with lots of variety, lots of possible combinations of loops, and fun terrain.

That being said, I just rode Van Michael's at Blankets recently. WOW. That is definitely a modern, well-planned, well-designed loop.

#9 ·
how crowded does Blankets get?

Think seeing a mass of humanity on the trail will diminish the experience. See too many humans as is on Sope Creek
I've never been to a trail system as loaded (sans event) as Blankets Creek on a weekend morning. That said, its still ridable once you are on a loop...just expect to pass or be passed lots of times. Go during off times if you can. I recall doing a night ride where only (2) cars were in the lot. That was nice.

#16 ·
+1 for Chicopee - good system. Could also go Bull/Jake and Pinhotti, but those are a drive from Atlanta. Have you hit most of the trails at YR? You can piece together some of the old trails and really make for some awesome loops, not to mention decent climbing if you stick to the creek side. One of my favorite rides close to town.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.