mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Anyone missing a Santa Cruz Blur...

\m/{-_-}\m/
    Wow...

mtbr member
    Woah. I hope an honest rider takes care of that. I'd run down there and deal with it if I could.

ChiliPepper1
    That is a stolen bike by far or the bike is so f**ked up! The grammar, the pick-up location, and the price obviously! I know a few officers up that way with OPD and Orange County. I'll have them check this out.

Bike Addiction
    Could be a typo but even at $1200.00 still one sweet deal. But this may be dumb crook news before its over.
    Disclaimer: Always get a second opinion cause I'm just guessing

banned
    Apr 2010
    I want it.

mtbr member
    That is in one of the worst parts of town. I wouldn't go there with $1.20 in my pocket much less $120.

MTB B'dos
    All right, this sounds interesting I'm hoping Chillis cop buddes grab this guy and get this bike returned to it's rightful owners ASAP. Didn't know Crack Heads knew how to use the interwebs
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

Jackalope Hunter
    It's gotta be a joke... Anyone who would know enough about bikes to know the model and year of that Blur would know they priced it ridiculously under value... My guess is its someone who's trying to send you on a wild goose chase though the hood to get a laugh.
    B Team represent

OMBA/IMBA Bike Patrol

Training for vacation
    I read somewhere in some city that people were selling electronics (apple crap) at a super low price via CL. When the buyer went to pickup at a public location the seller would rob the buyer. I suspect that this is the same situation.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx
    All right, this sounds interesting I'm hoping Chillis cop buddes grab this guy and get this bike returned to it's rightful owners ASAP. Didn't know Crack Heads knew how to use the interwebs
    Considering the picture was from a bunch of importer websites I'd say the bike just doesn't exist. I'm gonna go with the wild goose chase theory too.

XXIX
    It list location as Sunshine Park & Parramore, deff crack town. Im betting its stolen, I would cry if I saw a crack head riding down the street on a Santa Cruse Blur .

mtbr member
    Its stolen. I would be sick to my stomach if it were mine.

bust a move
    Trying to buy that bike could give a new meaning to "urban assault"
    Falling down is part of LIFE…Getting back up is LIVING…

banned
    Apr 2010
    Call the cops, that's it. It could be part of a mugging ring.

Or contact him and see if he'll meet you at your designated location.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    I sent him an email yesterday asking if I could come see the bike but haven't got a reply yet.

ChiliPepper1
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx
    Man, I have been having lots of trouble logging into MTBR today, what gives?

Anyways, I did get a hold of one of OPD's detectives that is a friend of a friend, and he said right off the bat that it was a either a genuine stolen bike or a lure to draw someone in that part of the neighborhood to be robbed. He said OPD and the Sheriffs Office will be looking into this matter, as they have had several cases similar to this one from Craigslist. I personally know that neighborhood is real bad news, and I got caught up in there one time while riding an urban sesh with my family. I got out of there real fast when we were starting to be approached from some real shady characters among other things I saw. Hopefully this matter will be resolved quickly, but if i know the law, wheels turn slow.