mtbr member
    May 2007

Any Trails/Bike Rental Near Orlando

Work trip coming up. Anything in the area to help me pass the time? Or else I can just ride space mountain a few dozen times.

Jackalope Hunter
    Kyles Bike Shop in Orlando is a cool LBS and they rent bikes. That said there are only a couple trails in the Orlando area. (Soldiers Creek/Seminole Environmental center and Little/Big Econ Forrest AKA Snowhill. )

If you are willing to drive an hour or more from Orlando there are lots of other IMO better options.
    "That which does not kill you makes you stronger"

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Thanks for the Help. These trails are all in the Orlando area? Any of them riding distance from the Bike Shop?

Formerly PaintPeelinPbody
    8515 Markham Rd Lake Mary, FL

3290 Snow Hill Rd, Oviedo, FL 32766

Soldiers Creek Park mountain bike trail head
    2400 State Road 419
    Longwood, FL 32750

Unless you're a strong rider I wouldn't consider either of those places within riding distance of the bike shop. Ask the shop or a local if they'd give you a lift. Heck, maybe even grab a bus.
    I do custom ArcGIS and Google Maps, including data collection and sustainable trail layout. Ride Welsh Mountain

Jackalope Hunter
    I forgot about Markham woods, its pretty new. All are kinda far from Orlando city limits, (around 20 miles or more) but they are the closest trails to the city. Honestly if you are willing to drive a little farther Loyce Harp park in Lakeland (AKA Cater Road) is several steps above the other three IMO if you like technical riding. If you are just looking for mellow riding then any of the local ones would fit the bill.
    "That which does not kill you makes you stronger"

mtbr member
    Yeah, I'd say drive the hour or so if you have time. Lakeland is probably closet if you're staying on the west side of town, with Alafia not too far from there. Or Chuck Lennon isn't too far if you're staying on the east side of town.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Santos just south of Ocala, there is 2 bike shops with rentals you can ride to the trail from. 80+ miles of trails from beginner's to double black diamond's. There's Mt. Dora too that's about a half hour north of Orlando, not sure about rentals there but there are several shops close to there.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Mt Dora is the best ride for time spent in car trade off. It's not a long trail but it's fun and we'll maintained