mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Any slow riders in Tampa looking for a riding partner?

I used to ride quite a bit but haven't in a few years. As such, I'm in horrible shape. I'm going to start back at morris bridge until I get my legs and lungs back and wondered if there's anybody in the same boat as me looking for a ride buddy? I work overnights, so I'll be riding friday morning's around 8 for now.
    Tampa Florida

07 Iron Horse Warrior 1.3
    07 Redline Monocog Flight 29er 1x9 (The Snot Rocket)

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    This is my first post.I am new to MTN biking and in Tampa.If you want to ride PM me.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Dave I cant reply to PM's yet I only have(2) posts now.I may be out of town next week.I have ridden MB and I ride a Trek mamba

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Kell12 View Post
    Dave I cant reply to PM's yet I only have(2) posts now.I may be out of town next week.I have ridden MB and I ride a Trek mamba
    Well I plan to start riding out there every Friday (unless it's raining). So post up when you're ready and we'll work out the details!

Oh, I ride a Redline Monocog Flight 29'er that's rigid, but I did convert it to 1x9 so it works at Alafia and Morris Bridge and everywhere in between.
    Tampa Florida

mtbr member
    I'd be down, as I'm just getting back in the saddle after having shoulder surgery 6 months ago.

I've been riding street (read: not a roadie, MTB'r) to get my legs back up, but I'm still pretty out of shape.

I'm over in Pinellas, but have a truck that's perfect for hauling bikes.

Do you ride anything that's worthy of a FS rig? I'm not a big fan of the MB area, I'd rather hit Carter Road (Ridges) or Alafia for some decent technical riding.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Beachtyme View Post
    Do you ride anything that's worthy of a FS rig?
    Kind of a loaded question. I've ridden Boyette and Alafia on a rigid 29er. haha.

I'll be starting out at Morris Bridge for a while, because it's great for cardio, and it's tough to get very hurt out there.

I've never been to Carter, because of the long drive, oh, and the swamp water everywhere. haha.

We need to ride together at least once. Any enemy of docballistic is a friend of mine.
    Tampa Florida

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave In Florida View Post
    Kind of a loaded question. I've ridden Boyette and Alafia on a rigid 29er. haha.

I'll be starting out at Morris Bridge for a while, because it's great for cardio, and it's tough to get very hurt out there.

I've never been to Carter, because of the long drive, oh, and the swamp water everywhere. haha.

We need to ride together at least once. Any enemy of docballistic is a friend of mine.
    Whooooaaaa, doggy. Same "Dave" from TF I gather? Keep in mind that's my "bad guy" persona over there when it comes to him.

I've ridden my whole life, raced BMX and MTB's. Right now my limits are I'm out of shape, which means I take it easy as I don't like getting busted up having fun on the trails.

Carter Road is bad ass, dude. The ridges are a challenge, but unless you have trouble riding a straight line the fear of becoming 'gator bait is pretty low. I've hopped over a snake (or two) most every trip out there, so hopefully reptiles in general are not a prob?

I have a bunch of bikes including a spare FS rig. I may take you up on the MB trails on Friday as I normally take Fridays off and leave Doc alone to pander on his own. It wouldn't hurt to start building a base before I go all Kamikaze again.

I'm busy the next two Fridays, but Friday the 22nd I'm good.

mtbr member
    I can't stand docballistic.
    Thats funny I lurk that forum as well under same screen name. I'm a total beginner and my bike hasn't even arrived yet. (tuesday) an airborne skyhawk. After I get a little cardio, and remember how to ride a bike, maybe I'll hit you guys up.