Mtb Extraordinaire
    May 2006

Any interest in clearing a new trail connecting to Big Creek ???

Is anyone interested in helping to clear a trail coming off of Big Creek and following the Big Creek Greenway up to around Kimball Bridge ? I walked almost the whole distance and it looks like it wouldn't touch any private property and would be pretty easy to do.

Before anyone flips out about illegal trail building, I'm not looking to do that. I just want to make it possible for anyone living just north of Big Creek to be able to ride their MTB, rather than drive. I would say 1/4 of it is already somewhat cleared, so it wouldn't be too difficult to clear it a little bit more to make it ride-able.

Let's get some dialogue going.
    Last edited by gobriango; 04-07-2014 at 02:53 PM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Coordinates?

Mtb Extraordinaire
    May 2006
    What does that even ?

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Coordinates to the location? Trying to see how far it is.

Thanks.

Mtb Extraordinaire
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxis Gamez View Post
    Coordinates to the location? Trying to see how far it is.

Thanks.
    Probably around 4 miles. I came up with 3.2 on Google maps, doing the Greenway. I would add a little more than that, as the trail wouldn't be as straight.

Shortcutting Hikabiker
    Quote Originally Posted by gobriango View Post
    Before anyone flips out about illegal trail building, I'm not looking to do that. I just want to make it possible for anyone living just north of Big Creek to be able to ride their MTB, rather than drive. I would say 1/4 of it is already somewhat cleared, so it wouldn't be too difficult to clear it a little bit more to make it ride-able.
    So you aren't looking to build illegal trails, but really you are? lol
    "Listen here you beautiful *****, I'm about to **** you up with some truth"

Mtb Extraordinaire
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Acme54321 View Post
    So you aren't looking to build illegal trails, but really you are? lol
    No not at all. If you ride down the Greenway and look across the creek, you can see that there is already a trail there. So a few weeks ago, I walked it and all you would have to do is clear some branches in spots, to make the trail that is already there ridable.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Have you contacted RAMBO about this? This trail system is always in danger of contraction due to its prime location. Right now they are fighting to keep 2 plus acres of land where the city wants to build a fire station. So anything not done by the book would not be good for the cause.

Mtb Extraordinaire
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Brodino View Post
    Have you contacted RAMBO about this? This trail system is always in danger of contraction due to its prime location. Right now they are fighting to keep 2 plus acres of land where the city wants to build a fire station. So anything not done by the book would not be good for the cause.
    The trail is Not within Big Creek. It would be a way to get to Big Creek, coming out onto the bike path (NO new trails in Big Creek).

I want to make it clear that, there is already a trail there. I just want to clear some branches to make it ridable.

If you ride on the bike path and look across the creek, you can see a trail runs almost the whole length up to Kimball Bridge Road (It actually goes almost all the way up to Old Milton Pkwy). I walked almost the whole thing and it would be super easy to clear some low lying branches making the existing trail ridable.

I am reaching out to see if there are any MTBers who live just north of Big Creek and would rather just ride their bikes to the trails rather than drive.

Mtb Extraordinaire
    May 2006
    So the existing trail follows this general route.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Any interest in clearing a new trail off of Big Creek ???-big-creek.jpg  

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by gobriango View Post
    The trail is Not within Big Creek. It would be a way to get to Big Creek, coming out onto the bike path (NO new trails in Big Creek).

I want to make it clear that, there is already a trail there. I just want to clear some branches to make it ridable.

I am reaching out to see if there are any MTBers who live just north of Big Creek and would rather just ride their bikes to the trails rather than drive.
    I get it that this would not be an addition to Big Creek but rather an alternate way to get there.

The point I was trying to make was that the City of Roswell, which oversees Big Creek and the Greenway, liaises with RAMBO on all MTB related projects in that area. So even though this would not be an addition to the official trail, I think it would be beneficial to let RAMBO know what the plan is.

This could yield several advantages one of which being that RAMBO can put the word out and raise a bigger trail work party than can be done on these boards.

Just my 0.2 cents

Shortcutting Hikabiker
    Well if the trail is already there why are you here typing? Go out there and clear it up and ride it!!
    "Listen here you beautiful *****, I'm about to **** you up with some truth"