mtbr member
    Feb 2009

Another new trail at San Felasco?

So wife and I rode yesterday and off of Pine for You we saw a trail. So we hit it up. Nice trail!

This one isn't on the map and I haven't seen it before, but it seems well worn. What's the story?

BTW- if you ride this trail, high socks would have been a plus. Picked EIGHT ticks off me at the car.

Also, does anyone have a more recent (maybe GPS) map of San Felasco and it's trails? We were curious how far we rode yesterday but I am thinking it had to be over 15 miles. We did Cellon Creek -> Bramble ramble -> Sweetgum -> Ravine -> Odd Buck -> Kept banging lefts to go straight to Pine For You -> New mystery trail -> finished Pine for You -> back the way we came except took Hammock Hub instead of Sweetgum/bramble and then bombed down the hil....

Thanks!

As a side note- the June trail work day is literally the first one we'll have been in town for... we're going to try to make it out. We do leave for Belgium/Germany the next day though so we shall see...

mtbr member
    May 2010
    A friend and I found the trail this morning, it's completely unmarked. We encountered a very large rattle snake about 3/4 of the way through.

Pretty good fun.

Shortcutting Hikabiker
    Yeah there is a bunch of unmarked stuff off pine for you.... I got all turned around back there on Satursay, not sure how I managed to end up where I did
    "Listen here you beautiful *****, I'm about to **** you up with some truth"

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Enjoy Germany!

My wife and I just got back Saturday .

It was amazing!

The best beer I've ever had

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by aenima
    Enjoy Germany!

My wife and I just got back Saturday .

It was amazing!

The best beer I've ever had
    Yeah, we're very excited. 3 days in Belgium (Bruges, Brussels, and SHAPE), and then 6 days in Berlin, and 2 in Frankfurt and Stuttgart. Cannot wait.

As for the unmarked trails- I'll probably stick to what I know until there are some markers or at least the map. I could see how you could get lost easily. We laid down sticks at each intersection pointing the way we came from...

Its got what plants crave
    I always ride the same stuff when I'm out there, I'd definitely like to see a GPS map.
    Ocala Mountain Bike Association - www.omba.org

Shortcutting Hikabiker
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim311
    I always ride the same stuff when I'm out there, I'd definitely like to see a GPS map.
    If you go all the way back you end up out behind turkey Creek. Thinking about it they hav added a ton of trail back there in the last 5 years. I still remember when Odd Buck was new, and that one started all that expansion south.

Yeah I need to head that way but it's unfamiliar so I rarely do for fear of getting lost. I'll have to ride out that way some more. I've ridden it a time or two but not much.

Shortcutting Hikabiker
    You cant really get lost, as long as you just take it from odd buck out taking all rights or lefts you will get back!

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Yeah, I wouldn't worry about that. The map with distances and such would just be cool to know how far I rode. However, I think I'll just invest in a computer for the bike and maybe map it myself.

If I do this, I will happily provide my map to you guys on here...

Shortcutting Hikabiker
    Quote Originally Posted by pointerDixie214
    Yeah, I wouldn't worry about that. The map with distances and such would just be cool to know how far I rode. However, I think I'll just invest in a computer for the bike and maybe map it myself.

If I do this, I will happily provide my map to you guys on here...
    They had some newer maps at the trailhead, but its hard to figure out your actual distance off of them when you do half of loops and stuff. I had some pretty good GPS tracks of felasco, I'll see if I can find some.

Shortcutting Hikabiker
    Here is one that goes all the way back around "pine for you." Gives you an idea of how far it goes back.

Trails go Bunny - Cellon Creek - PL Climb - Hammock Hub - Sweet Gum - Cane Break - Ravine - Odd Buck - Loop After Odd Buck - Loop After After Odd Buck - Pine For You - Back To Sweetgum - Bramble Ramble - Climb Up Tung Nut - Down PL - Cellon Creek

http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/united...a/861350630903

Ryan do you know if you can get into Felasco from Palmetto Blvd/105th Ave? Would be sweet to commute to work via singletrack one day.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I am not sure where that is? Perhaps though. Is that the entrance by Cox and TV20?

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Acme54321
    Here is one that goes all the way back around "pine for you." Gives you an idea of how far it goes back.

Trails go Bunny - Cellon Creek - PL Climb - Hammock Hub - Sweet Gum - Cane Break - Ravine - Odd Buck - Loop After Odd Buck - Loop After After Odd Buck - Pine For You - Back To Sweetgum - Bramble Ramble - Climb Up Tung Nut - Down PL - Cellon Creek

http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/united...a/861350630903
    Thanks! That's a huge help...

Shortcutting Hikabiker
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim311
    Ryan do you know if you can get into Felasco from Palmetto Blvd/105th Ave? Would be sweet to commute to work via singletrack one day.
    I'm sure you can, you can see the back of houses in turkey creek on parts of the trail. You'd prob have to cut through yards though.

You could probably get in there from the end of 93rd too I think, I know one of the routes TDF uses skirts a double track around that property.

If you really wanted you could ride all the way from Millhopper!

That would be a bad ass commute. Not too many people can say they rode singletrack to work

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Actually, with some of the Gainesville city trails, there's a lot of people that ride single track to work. If I didn't work from home I would! HAHAHA Instead I ride singletrack on my breaks!

mtbr member
    Most recent thread on these trails, so I figure I'll post this here:

Anyone visit the park in the evenings during the week? I have not been to San Felasco yet and weekdays between 5-9 seems to be the best time for me (plus, it's not as unbearably hot!).

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by salpic
    Most recent thread on these trails, so I figure I'll post this here:

Anyone visit the park in the evenings during the week? I have not been to San Felasco yet and weekdays between 5-9 seems to be the best time for me (plus, it's not as unbearably hot!).
    My wife and I ride out there at least one night a week normally. Sometimes more. Usually from about 5:30 until around 8 while it stays light this late...

mtbr member
    Good to know! I was hoping I'd be able to go there during the week and not be the only person out there.

I am riding with a couple of friends from the Goodbike Wednesday night ride at Felasco tonight, 6PM, if anybody wants to meet up.

mtbr member
    Very tempting! I may head over there. I have a feeling you and the Goodbike people might be a little (ok...a lot) more advanced than I am. I don't want to slow anyone down or anything.
    Last edited by salpic; 06-28-2010 at 11:57 AM.