Amelia Earhart Update FYI

Printable View

• 12-03-2012
    OscarW
    Haven't been to Amelia in a while, how are the conditions??
  • 12-07-2012
    Red_Ant
    Did a quick lap yesterday and they were in perfect condition
  • 12-07-2012
    OscarW
    Great. Thanks!!
  • 01-20-2013
    LazyRid3r
    I am going to be going this week after work. I'll provide some updates since I see it's been a while since someone last posted.
  • 01-20-2013
    HOLLYWOOD33
    Quote:

Originally Posted by LazyRid3r View Post
    I am going to be going this week after work. I'll provide some updates since I see it's been a while since someone last posted.

Updates would be great...

I haven't been there in months, and I'm supposed to meet a buddy down there next week...

Thanks
  • 01-20-2013
    RSANT994
    Amelia has a Facebook page that's updated daily for the latest conditions so does Markham Virginia Key and oleta. There is also a text update of all the parks you can subscribe to
  • 01-20-2013
    HOLLYWOOD33
    No Facebook here...
  • 01-20-2013
    LazyRid3r
    Well since I have been trying to get back into the swing of things I have been to Oleta for about 3 weeks straight. The trials are in great shape. I saw a few people working on Acropolis and Gator Bank. I do know the section facing the water where the Wild Fire trial is at is still closed although most people still sneak in to ride the trail.
  • 01-27-2013
    LazyRid3r
    I went yesterday for the first time in months. I assume there was a race going on because the park was full beyond belief. Several trails were closed off with volunteers keeping track of things. Several of the trail routes were on the floor once you pass the Trick O Treat trail. I guess there going to need to put those back where they belong. Some of the trails were very muddy before Little Razor Back... After Little Razor Back it was smooth sailing but some of the trails were closed. Overall it wasn't the best day but I got a good workout in. I was gassed after razorback, I had forgot how fast paced the trails were.
  • 03-11-2013
    TAOS1
    Went yesterday after not going there for a LONG time.....place is ****ing awesome! Super fun to ride! Burms are so fast....I found myself making motocross noises :D

My new favorite place to ride! Jumps were fun. Can't wait to get to know the place better for some double jump festivities.

Props to whoever is building trails there!
  • 03-20-2013
    brandonmcnasty
    JUST got back from Amelia and I have to say that I LOVE that park. It flows way better than Markham park and the average speed is higher also. Very well maintained park!!
  • 03-20-2013
    Surfdog93
    Did it get some rain ?
    Rode there on Friday and was super-dry....still fun, but gets way better when it firms up
  • 03-20-2013
    PhillyO
    Was their Tuesday, the park got some rain monday but it's still pretty dry, needs a good downpour. They've reversed the trail, now there running backwards. Their doing a great good out their, the trails are the best theyve ever been.