Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 LastLast
    "THE RIDE IS MY CHURCH"
    As per Amelia Facebook page...
    Trails are temp. closed due to excessive rain...
    Hopefully will re-open by tomorrow afternoon if all is well...
    ENJOY THE RIDE!!!

Expert Crasher
    We got 9.5" of rain in Doral so I imagine the trails got quite a bit as well.
    Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind than on outward circumstances. Benjamin Franklin

mtbr member
    does anyone know if the trails are open, was thinking of going out today, but may have to go to Virginia Key if Amelia is flooded.
    29er from now on!!!

mtbr member
    May 2012
    It's fine I was there Friday.

"THE RIDE IS MY CHURCH"
    Was there today in the afternoon. Trails are so smooth and fast.
    Great job to the trail builders... Keep on Rockin !!!

Had a little spill on one of the hills as I had to go off course to avid running over two guys that got stuck...

STILL A GREAT DAY !!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ENJOY THE RIDE!!!

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    What's the new obstacle they built? They mentioned it on facebook but didn't say what it is.

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=MysticKJ;9222720]So my Amelia time is about 40 minutes now. I typically ride 4-5 days a week from 11:30-2:30, so it's kinda hot out there. I'm sweating pretty viciously and I only hydrate between laps...

based on your experiences, if I were to ride Amelia earlier (finishing before 12pm) or later (starting after 5pm), would I be able to shave some time off my laps? I still would only hydrate between laps. Maybe a minute? or will only an increase in fitness shave a minute's worth of time?

[/QUOTE
    I havent been riding there so are you saying 40 mins for one lap or multiple times around?
    Better 2 ask 4 pardon than 2 ask for permission. Recall that nxt time U feel you have 2 ask ur wife if U can buy something

Rodizio
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by alexplantman View Post
    I havent been riding there so are you saying 40 mins for one lap or multiple times around?
    at the time it was 40 mins for one lap and I got it down to a little over 36 minutes, but it has since been expanded...maybe an extra mile or so...I haven't timed it in awhile though...

but I've been riding less than a year so times will vary greatly for one lap...Amelia is probably around 9-10 miles per lap now...

mtbr member
    Wow, doesn't look that big of an area ; I go to the park to jog, but haven't been on the trails obviously. Then it's longer than Markham...
    Better 2 ask 4 pardon than 2 ask for permission. Recall that nxt time U feel you have 2 ask ur wife if U can buy something

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Road Amelia for the first time yesterday...WOW. It's a playground compared to some of the other places I've been. Despite the recent rain it was pretty dry. a few wet spots up front but it makes for a fun ride. I wish I had a full suspension bike for this place. Definitely going back soon. My hats off to all those who have been working on this trail. It's nice!

"THE RIDE IS MY CHURCH"
    Pump Track is open...
    Go Have some fun...
    ENJOY THE RIDE!!!

Rodizio
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by alexplantman View Post
    Wow, doesn't look that big of an area ; I go to the park to jog, but haven't been on the trails obviously. Then it's longer than Markham...
    well I don't have a GPS so I'm just basing that off of what riders have said on here...but this trail has quite a bit of turns so it utilizes the little space they have quite well...
    Quote Originally Posted by torque29er View Post
    Pump Track is open...
    Go Have some fun...
    Amelia has a pump track now?

where is located? parking lot area?

"THE RIDE IS MY CHURCH"
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticKJ View Post
    well I don't have a GPS so I'm just basing that off of what riders have said on here...but this trail has quite a bit of turns so it utilizes the little space they have quite well...

Amelia has a pump track now?

where is located? parking lot area?
    Go on their facebook... short video of people riding it...Amelia Earhart Mountain Bile Park...
    Its in the middle of the mountain bike park...
    ENJOY THE RIDE!!!

FloridaKeys Fishing Guide
    Rode Amelia this morning for the first time in 3 months and must say that the trails are in good shape overall. I was surprised by the additional trail section in the back and the pump track. It's really nice and kudos' to the trail building crew!!
    Current ride(s) 2011 Santa Cruz Blur LT

mtbr member
    Mar 2012

nice work trail builders!!

went to Amelia yesterday afternoon and love the new (reversed) trail. Wish I had known about it when I was there this past Sunday and wrote it backwards :eek

I feel like it flows better this way, seems like its more downhill now. The only thing this park is missing is a few bridges and stuff like that. Anyways thanks trail builders for your hard work. I need to get myself out there sometime and volunteer.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by torque29er View Post
    Go on their facebook... short video of people riding it...Amelia Earhart Mountain Bile Park...
    Its in the middle of the mountain bike park...

I'll have to check out the facebook vids then.,,, As humiliating as it is to be associated with the city it's in, . I am very close to there for a few months, so can ride up there any time after 5... ...

I've ridden around the area where you guys park, but haven't ventured in... Based on d youtube vids (older though) it seems pretty tame (ie no steep climbs or drops...) is more of a high speed course or ??? I just can't imagine it like Markham..

thanks

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Why all the hate for Hialeah? I don't want to live there either but its not that bad.

the little razorback(correct me if I am wrong) is where it gets somewhat technical with good amount of uphills and descents, I cannot think of any drops so to speak but other than that It is pretty similar to Markham.minus the double diamond expert trails or red experts trails. I think it is a really fun trails short and sweet, flows really well and it is perfect for an evening ride like at 6.

Does anyone know of any night rides at Amelia or anywhere else? I have been wanting to try that out.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by EXPERTRIDER View Post
    To ALL: The official source for REAL information about the Amelia Earhart Park Trails is:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/358155554226136/

This is the FB page run by the Amelia Earhart Mountain Bike Club.
    This group has an official program partnership contract to build, and administer all aspects of the trails at Amelia Earhart park.

Our group formally and contractually decide trail schedules, closures (with police enforcement if needed), and all events that take place at the trails.

This MTBR forum does not allow proper administrative control of inappropriate content, so the trail administrators do not follow or post any new updates here. Sorry for the inconvenience!

It should also be noted that when trails are deemed to be CLOSED, any rider found in the trails by the park ranger will be issued a citation by the park officer, and police can be called if necessary.

Thank you to all that continue to support our trails!

Stephen LaRue
    President, Amelia Earhart Mountain Bike Club
    Good info, thanks.. bumping it up so it stays on the last page...

Quote Originally Posted by yem999 View Post
    Why all the hate for Hialeah? I don't want to live there either but its not that bad.

the little razorback(correct me if I am wrong) is where it gets somewhat technical with good amount of uphills and descents, I cannot think of any drops so to speak but other than that It is pretty similar to Markham.minus the double diamond expert trails or red experts trails. I think it is a really fun trails short and sweet, flows really well and it is perfect for an evening ride like at 6.

Does anyone know of any night rides at Amelia or anywhere else? I have been wanting to try that out.
    Thanks for the info..

And, yeah, hialeah is pretty bad, lol...

mtbr member
    I jogged by there yesterday after the rain and it was wet... How quickly does it dry over there? Say, to ride on Sat..

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    I rode there this morning and it was really nice. BUT, I gotta rant a bit...they need to improve their signage. There is NO easy way to figure out how to get around if you get tired or want to jump off the trail due to breakage or for a breather. Aside from that, it's a great place with some of the nicest trails in SFL.

mtbr member
    I ended up riding and yeah it was relatively dry. First time there , stayed on the novice trail ; was a bit umm, by those short steep climbs and drops they have...lol

El Gorrrriiii
    Jan 2012
    I was out there on saturday before all the rain these past new days. It was my first time out in about 2 months. Trails were in great shape with considering the rain the past few weeks. I saw they somewhat expanded the trails. Looks good.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    I appreciate all the effort that goes into maintaining the trails there, but let me say that I strongly disagree with a lot of the new changes made to the track. The track is maintained by dedicated racers and its turned into a BMX/Supercross track rather than a great trail system. I dont think they have concerns for novices or families either as the signage is very poor and there isnt a good green to green route around the place. I think the pump track is great and well designed, but all of the new jumps are really ruining the track. They need to leave the front section of the trails alone and make the razorback, 8pt hill area into their little bmx playground. Also instead of adding so many more jumps maybe filling in the areas that flood on TT and near the exit, as well as adding some drainage might be an overall better use of time. The direction its running now is THE ONLY direction this track should be run as its so much better. I hate to complain because they do work hard there, but it seems to be directed in only one manner, towards adding jumps. I have been riding Oleta on weekends instead and that place is shear genius and magnificent use of land and terrain to form an awesome trail system. So on the weekends its Oleta and Markham for me. I will go to Amelia during a weekday, and if Virginia Key keeps getting better, it will steal my mid week riding.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    I love the fact that the trail direction gets changed every few months.
    The change makes it feel like a new track.
    To the guys working the trails, keep up the great work!

Never Satisfied...
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by CreativeEdge View Post
    I love the fact that the trail direction gets changed every few months.
    The change makes it feel like a new track.
    To the guys working the trails, keep up the great work!
    I agree

Thanks!

Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 LastLast