Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    that looks so awesome!!!!!!!!!

FloridaKeys Fishing Guide

Good job!

Amelia looks totally awesome with that bridge feature.!! I have never ridden there.....yet, but plan to change that soon!!
    Nice work from all those volunteers!!
    Current ride(s) 2011 Santa Cruz Blur LT

TRANCER
    I will be there around 4 or 5 if anyone wants to take a spin today

Btw great pics themeth.
    Ride

Don't Stop Spinnin'!
    Quote Originally Posted by roilan
    When will the new bridge be open?
    we will not be able to work on it this weekend due to some of us being up north for a FSC race in Tampa. The last Saturday of the month should hopefully be the last work day on the bridge followed by a Grand Opening.
    ~every end is a new beginning...

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Figured I'd offer the latest and greatest...Most of the ropes have been installed, tons of additional hardware and bracing added, and some paint placed over many parts of the bridge. Due to nearly everyone asking me about "the Golden Gate Bridge", we are considering renaming the trail "Golden Gate Trail".
    We discussed the remaining work to be done, and while it's POSSIBLE to finish this weekend, a more realistic scenario is 2 weeks before the grand opening!

I'm as excited as everyone, but lets be patient...we found several shingles that need additional nailing, and the guardrails on the climb aren't installed yet.

In other Amelia news, I played around in lil Razorback filling in a few places that were getting some erosion. I've also begun to lay out the temporary BMX extension that will be used in the next race in December...it'll be just a simple loop with a few little features....
    Enjoy!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Amelia Earhart Update FYI-bridge-10-25.jpg  

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Grrrrrrrreeatt job Expertrider,i just want to thank u and the rest of the voluntiers for such a amazing job,Thanks again
    ROY

TRANCER
    That looks AWESOME ! I was there Sunday and had to leave halfway through one lap as I was run into by a kid riding the wrong way(again) and destroying my front brake line then telling me he did nothing wrong. That I shouldn't of been going as fast as I was. I left before I lost my mind with him and his dad that was also going the wrong way with his son telling me I was at fault. Thanks EXPERTRIDER for all the hard work you guys are putting into the park. I noticed you guys covered a couple of eroded parts in the lil razor back area. Looking amazing. I will be back as soon as I get my hose fixed on my bike.
    Ride

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I have ran into a few during the week like that when it not very busy so would imagine how crazy it is on the weekends

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Damn, you'd think with over 30 signs that have directional arrows and pretty good trail markings, that people would understand what the correct trail direction is.....

Sorry to hear that...

TRANCER
    Yeah man it's unbelievable. One time i came across 2 guys with no helmets and going the wrong way heading for the big lumps in lil razor back and i stopped, told them they were going the wrong way but they kept on. Like 15 minutes later when im headed to my truck i see fire rescue pulling in. I knew it was them. Apparently one of them went otb going down one of the hills. And got a pretty bad back injury. Fortunately for the kid and his dad on Sunday i was the one that crashed and got bruised up. Unfortunate for me that my brake line got trashed. 4 days to get a 4 dollar piece that noone in miami seems to have lol

Oh and btw. How did my brake line get trashed? well, get this. He ran over my front wheel basically and his "KICKSTAND" caught my brake line and broke off the connector on the hose that goes in to the calliper.
    Ride

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    I have really good news.....unofficially, we finished the Golden Gate Trail!! We kept it closed because the new berm and starting hill really needs to be watered down. I plan on stopping by Sunday (Oct 31st 2010) to water both areas down really well. If all goes well (and after I get a few laps in myself!) I will remove the barricades and allow the entire trail to be ridden!! You may notice some tall weeds throughout the trail, but all tree growth has been cut back. After the starting hill climb, its easy to get really good speed for the double-jump section. The official opening announcement will be made this week.
    Just a few more days...be patient, its awesome!!!!

TRANCER
    Niiiiiiiice ! I will be there tomorrow if you need anyone to help you test it out just let me know what time.
    Ride

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Don't worry!! I'll be the first to do the first full-speed test!! I'm working overtime tonight in Hialeah, so I expect to stop by when I get off of work around 7:30am...if all goes well...it should be ready to ride by 8:30ish......I have a few new "Golden Gate Trail" signs to put up also....enjoy!!!

mtbr member
    May 2010
    im sure we all thank you and appreciate the time and your hardwork, and those who volunteer, that went into making amelias trails the way they are. u guys have done an incredible job!

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    It's now official, the Golden Gate Trail at Amelia is now open. The signs are up, the barricades removed, and everything ready to go! I wanted to water-in some of the new features, but God helped out and let it rain for a good hour or so early this morning! I repacked everything, and watched a dozen or so riders try out the new section!! Great reviews so far, please let me know what you all think after you ride it.......enjoy...10/31/2010

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by EXPERTRIDER
    It's now official, the Golden Gate Trail at Amelia is now open. The signs are up, the barricades removed, and everything ready to go! I wanted to water-in some of the new features, but God helped out and let it rain for a good hour or so early this morning! I repacked everything, and watched a dozen or so riders try out the new section!! Great reviews so far, please let me know what you all think after you ride it.......enjoy...10/31/2010
    cant wait to hit it tomorrow

TRANCER
    Quote Originally Posted by RSANT994
    cant wait to hit it tomorrow
    What time will you be hitting that?
    Ride

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Biohazard74
    What time will you be hitting that?
    430-5

TRANCER
    I will try to make it around that time. Blue Ford Ranger
    Ride

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    I rode Amelia for the first time this weekend and LOVED it.. Oleta is my home trail and its a relief to ride on dirt not roots and rocks... The bridge was really cool! I enjoyed the climbs and Drops, a lot of FUN!. My only suggestion is to add some more trail markers, at a few points I wasn't sure which direction to go, but after stopping for a few seconds I was abke to figure it out.. I cant wait to go out there again this weekend!
    Thanks for all your hardwork Expertrider!

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Glad you liked the trails! Good point about the need for more signs... A very short time ago, there were almost no signs anywhere in the trails. I installed 30 of the signs that you see there now, and I had the County make me 20 more signs. As soon as those are delivered, I will finish installing. I'm hoping for November sometime. My goal is to make it nearly impossible to get lost or lose direction.
    It still surprises me that so many riders haven't heard about the major improvements at Amelia this year.... I'm sure the word will continue to get out...

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    I think that even some spray painted arrows at the edge of the trails/ trees would help (not sure how long they will last though) Btw: what is the total length of the trail loop, and do you have a map I can download somewhere?

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Man first of all let me thank you for the hard work you guys have put in. The trail has a great flow to it and the ants are finally gone. I ride Amelia every afternoon. (Big black f250)
    I've been keeping an eye on the bridge and this my luck. Now that it is finished I just got a really bad ankle sprain and I'm " not supposed" to go off road on the bike. I don't know I can resist now. But again great work out there guys. See u out there.

www.airbornemtb.org
    great job on the trail! i ride there about every other month(live up in psl) but i look forward to my trips down south to hit this trail.

thanks to all who put time in out there!
    Quote Originally Posted by HamfisT
    I understand that engineering has value in and of itself. But in the end, it's still just a pile of aluminum tubes.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Well I was weak and went ridding yesterday AMA. I didn't push it hard. I even skipped Little Razorback only Bc I wanted to go thru the newly renovated section. Wow. That was cool. That trail is getting faster little by little hanks to you guys. I love that whole loop u created there. Very refreshing. Keep up the good work.

By the way it's been raining today so I'll use it as an excuse to rest.

Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast