Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Amelia is great, here and there a bit of mud but not flooded, Amelia is great and is getting better everyday. Go and you will not waste ur time.

TRANCER
    WEnt today and it is a tad wet but not bad at all. By tomorrow it should be perfect. The rains packed everything nicely. Let me just say that the trails now running the opposite way it definately felt like a totally new trail. It definately kicked my ass today. I love the way a lot of things caught me off guard since its not what i was used to. i even got caught off guard by the 1st hump(which would normally be the second) of camel hump at the end. I love it
    Ride

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Amelia doesn't get "flooded" anymore. We have filled in EVERY low spot and previously muddy area.
    We intentionally left a tiny bit of mud in a little section that we call "the swamp", but I rode 3 laps today and there is no water anywhere....
    There are 2 berms that have intentional puddles of water on the very inside- this is done so that people ride the berm...not the ground in front of the berm...
    You'll also notice that we added 3 new road-rock berms to Gobble-gobble trail- in the places where it was getting sandy.
    As of today (Thursday- January 20th 2011) we are rebuilding the razorback climb.
    We expect to finish it tomorrow...it's a real challenge because none of our equipment can get up there, so we have to do it old-school with wheelbarrows!
    Saturday we have a Giant demo day at the park, and Sunday is the Florida Coconut Cup race.
    If there's a spot in the trail that's muddy/wet/sandy/rocky or whatever, believe me...I know about it! If it's still in the same condition after a week...then that's the way we want to keep it for now....
    Those that ride out there regularly know that if something sucks, we fix it quickly!!
    Enjoy!!

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I dont see anything on the Giant web site about a demo day at Amelia this Saturday.

mtbr member
    This afternoon rain really messed up my amelia plans for tomorrow morning, If anyone heads out tomorrow please post up how it was.

Trail Junkie
    You showing up for the race Kev? My Alafia/Balm plans got postponed for another weekend so I will be racing this weekend!
    Santa Cruz Tallboy c
    Lynskey Pro29 SS
    Cervelo S2
    Spech Tricross Exp
    Raleigh Rx1.0

Fut. Bikes:
    Misfit diSSent
    Soma ES

mtbr member
    Will there be races at Amelia this weekend??

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Luisyfz:

Read all the posts before yours. They address both your last two posts.

Trail Junkie
    23rd, Sunday

I will be there tomorrow morning. I was there this morning and the trails were perfect, very sticky..very little mud. I don't think the afternoon rain would have effected the trails much compared to what we got on Monday. Should be great riding!
    Santa Cruz Tallboy c
    Lynskey Pro29 SS
    Cervelo S2
    Spech Tricross Exp
    Raleigh Rx1.0

Fut. Bikes:
    Misfit diSSent
    Soma ES

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Disregard my mention of the Giant demo day this weekend....its scheduled for Feb....got confused.....the race is Sunday....should be a course!!

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    I was there today and the trail feels super fast after the rain. Other than a couple of spots with some mud and the water by the 1st berm on the BMX section it was great. The tires are sticking to the trail like glue. It should be a lot of fun tomorrow. I expect some quick times. Good luck to al racers.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Forgot to mention that the fox came all the way out to the parking spaces. Only to get chased back to the woods by a dog. Lol. I'm glad she's still around.

mtbr member
    Working on another audio track. I hate youtube
    Last edited by smace; 01-24-2011 at 01:29 PM.
    Mountain Bike http://www.mtbmike.com/Videos

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    ...and if you'd like to see how the lesser skilled riders handle the same course...

Good fun.

Congrats Steve. Mike came in just ahead of me, so we're even now. Next race will be the rubber match, lol.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    'Glad you posted this one....
    I had some "slide-offs" my first time there...looking forward to next time

Quote Originally Posted by GDubT
    ...and if you'd like to see how the lesser skilled riders handle the same course...

Good fun.

Congrats Steve. Mike came in just ahead of me, so we're even now. Next race will be the rubber match, lol.

Trail Junkie
    Cool Video! It was a great race yesterday!! You did 2 laps right?

I have to say this, We spent a lot of time getting the trails ready for the race, and we were blessed with excellent race conditions and some rain during the week which provided us with spectacular trail conditions. The best part was that everyone had fun, and it was safe..no one was hurt..maybe a couple bumps and bruises but overall just a great day altogether!!
    Santa Cruz Tallboy c
    Lynskey Pro29 SS
    Cervelo S2
    Spech Tricross Exp
    Raleigh Rx1.0

Fut. Bikes:
    Misfit diSSent
    Soma ES

mtbr member
    May 2005
    What were the winning lap times in both classes ?

How late can you ride there now ? I'm in my Miami office now (about 15 min from park) and would love to get in a lap after work tomorrow

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dubdryver
    Cool Video! It was a great race yesterday!! You did 2 laps right?

I have to say this, We spent a lot of time getting the trails ready for the race, and we were blessed with excellent race conditions and some rain during the week which provided us with spectacular trail conditions. The best part was that everyone had fun, and it was safe..no one was hurt..maybe a couple bumps and bruises but overall just a great day altogether!!

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfdog93
    What were the winning lap times in both classes ?

How late can you ride there now ? I'm in my Miami office now (about 15 min from park) and would love to get in a lap after work tomorrow

Thanks

Our single-speed class had the fastest lap of the day...4 of us came in together with a 28.20...
    It was a near-vomit pace the whole way.....
    Sunset is 6PM right now....going up by about a minute every day or 2....

I have no idea what the beginner wave lap times were...probably 32 or 33 for 1st place...

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by EXPERTRIDER
    Our single-speed class had the fastest lap of the day...4 of us came in together with a 28.20...
    It was a near-vomit pace the whole way.....
    Sunset is 6PM right now....going up by about a minute every day or 2....

I have no idea what the beginner wave lap times were...probably 32 or 33 for 1st place...
    That's fast.

Novice class winner was about 34 minutes.

Trail Junkie
    Beginners were way slower than 32-33min. I don't think there was a beginner lower unless he was seriously sandbagging. There were a handful of sport that got down into the 31min mark but none lower than that.
    Santa Cruz Tallboy c
    Lynskey Pro29 SS
    Cervelo S2
    Spech Tricross Exp
    Raleigh Rx1.0

Fut. Bikes:
    Misfit diSSent
    Soma ES

mtbr member
    I rode a 32.60 my 1st lap in 4th place. The #1 in my class had a 30.96. The course was fast.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by GDubT

Good fun.

Thanks. My wife said she thought he just beat you this time. That is really funny. He cracks me up talking about the adults who can't ride up the hills. Hang in there you will get better with time. Thanks for sharing the video.

Trail Junkie
    Here is the card for the XC-2 30-39, and SS (most of it at least)

There was quite a mess on the berm entering the first climb in Razorback...lost some time, but obviously I didn't make it up the other two laps. Comparing the results lets me know that I have a lot of work to do!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Amelia Earhart Update FYI-2011-01-23-14.22.36.jpg  

Santa Cruz Tallboy c
    Lynskey Pro29 SS
    Cervelo S2
    Spech Tricross Exp
    Raleigh Rx1.0

Fut. Bikes:
    Misfit diSSent
    Soma ES

mtbr member
    Wow the single speeds were flying. Here are the results from base 30 to 39

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    That's just crazy how an SS can put down the fastest lap in the field!! How is that even possible? I would think that the mechanical advantage of a geared bike is just way more than anyone on an SS could overcome if you're comparing Pro's with Pro's. I'm blown away.

Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast