mtbr member
    Mar 2010

Amelia Earhart ?

anyone knows what happened to the trail part leading to the old bridge? it's been closed for a while.any updates or plans if it will open again? been riding solo mostly early morning,and I'm always the only one in there.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Which bridge? The one that goes straight, then turns right, then straight again?

I have no clue about trail closures since I haven't ridden Amelia for like a month.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by oscar99ta
    Which bridge? The one that goes straight, then turns right, then straight again?

I have no clue about trail closures since I haven't ridden Amelia for like a month.
    yep,I think it used to be called Alley Cat or something.this part is closed but the crew did add a new part but bypasses it.btw,if you haven't been in there in a while they added a section that I call "the wall".check it out

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpearl133
    yep,I think it used to be called Alley Cat or something.this part is closed but the crew did add a new part but bypasses it.btw,if you haven't been in there in a while they added a section that I call "the wall".check it out
    I rode there a efw weeks ago and that bridge has a big hole so that section might be getting a face lift.

TRANCER
    Quote Originally Posted by RSANT994
    I rode there a efw weeks ago and that bridge has a big hole so that section might be getting a face lift.
    Yup its missing a piece and some of it is also very rotted it looked like 2 weeks ago when i went.
    Ride

YOU SCRATHED MY BIKE!!!!
    also lately with the amount of rainfall its been really crappy conditions even though the crew is still filling the mud holes with sand and rock.
    last week i was going down hill when i saw a small puddle i went through it and it was a hole lol i went OTB there was alot of ruts that you also got to ride around.. but all in all they have taken pretty good care of the park
    2010 Trek 4300
    WTB VelociRaptors

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    there a few muddy spots,specially at the beginning.once you gets past it you get going.they been filling the road leading to the trail too.

in da house CREW
    Dec 2007
    thats the kitty cat trail, the trail was closed to fix the bridge. a new bridge is being built but i dont know when it will be completed. it seems like the park is finally fixing the road that takes you to the trail head.
    Last edited by PhillyO; 08-13-2010 at 03:10 PM.

in da house CREW
    Dec 2007
    anybody notice the new jumps that have been popping up on the trails. just wanted to know everybodys opinion on them. do you like them or dislike them. i personnally dont hate them but there a few that are just in the wrong spot like the ones in little razorback.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyO
    anybody notice the new jumps that have been popping up on the trails. just wanted to know everybodys opinion on them. do you like them or dislike them. i personnally dont hate them but there a few that are just in the wrong spot like the ones in little razorback.
    really don't mind.to me,the way I ride Amelia it does not affect me one bit.its got good flow that I ride it in stages.Warm up,then attack,recover,attack,recover,attack,recover then attack real hard for the final push.this was one reason why I posted about the closed part,something was missing.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    rode yesterday and there seems to be a whole lot of work going on. i seen some large logs off to the side and i guess they are installing some post to mark the trails and i guess we wont have to drive thru all those huge pot holes anymore

TRANCER
    Niiiiiiice !
    Ride

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    The new bridge will be over 120' long and 8' high. It will end traveling in the reverse direction of what we used to do, then after riding the trail, you'll go back under the new tunnel...really cool stuff.
    The trail is called Kitty Cat..
    The logs and mulch are to provide a more attractive trail border in Coffee Trail...
    The little doubles are meant to be jumped at full speed...I'll keep improving the approach to make a fast approach a bit easier...
    We know about the mud, but we can only do a certain amount of work in the few hours that we have on Saturday mornings!
    Thank you all for the good comments...me, Mikee, and my brother Frank (along with many new volunteers) have been working hard out there... just wait until we're "done"...that place will be AMAZING!!

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by EXPERTRIDER
    The new bridge will be over 120' long and 8' high. It will end traveling in the reverse direction of what we used to do, then after riding the trail, you'll go back under the new tunnel...really cool stuff.
    The logs and mulch are to provide a more attractive trail border in Coffee Trail...
    The little doubles are meant to be jumped at full speed...I'll keep improving the approach to make a fast approach a bit easier...
    We know about the mud, but we can only do a certain amount of work in the few hours that we have on Saturday mornings!
    Thank you all for the good comments...me, Mikee, and my brother Frank (along with many new volunteers) have been working hard out there... just wait until we're "done"...that place will be AMAZING!!
    great job guys,should be fun when its done.if you guys need help Saturday I can give a hand.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by EXPERTRIDER
    Wow, I'm getting hyped up just reading this. Thanks Expertrider, for all the work you and the rest of the crew have put in. I started learning to ride at Amelia almost a year ago, and the trail has improved incredibly in that time span. Every time I ride Amelia I notice something new .

Even though I've since ridden Oleta and Markham, I still consider Amelia my "home" trail since it's close to my house. Every time I ride it I have a blast.

Keep up the great work guys!