Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Almost Ran Over A Rattler on Vortex!

2K views 20 replies 15 participants last post by  A29erNielsen 
#1 ·
Meant to post this a few days ago but forgot. Almost ran this guy over on the Vortex, was lucky enough to be able to stop on time. He was just sitting right across the trail. As I was stopping my buddy, he coiled up and starting rattling. VERY INTIMIDATING! I have never seen a real large snake like this out in the wild, so it was a bit unnerving. Needless to say I have been avoiding that section of the trail, its the section about 15-20 yards before the large boulder coming into the rock garden. BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!

See less See more
#8 ·
A month or so ago, we were doing our Tuesday night ride and ran into a big rattlesnake blasting down Cowbone. It was across the trail at the base of the first real rocky downhill. The leader ran over it and about 4 of us rode by it right afterwards. Luckily, none of us got bitten. The pic is of the snake after it slithered off the trail into the grass.

Attachments

#11 ·
I hate snakes. Our encounters with moccasins never excite me, well yes they do but not in a good way.

I'm sure a rattlesnake would get similar results.

They were here before we rode these places, but I still don't like them.

PK

#12 ·
I agree. I kept thinking how bad things could have been being the 4th person to go by the snake after it had been run over. Luckily we were cruising and all I saw was a blur on the ground. Both of the snakes in the picture are huge and would do some massive damage if they were to bite someone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.