Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Allatoona Creek trail info?

856 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  KevinGT 
#1 ·
I live in Gwinnett but I brought my bike with me to work in Cobb today and was planning to ride Blankets. However, I've never ridden Allatoona so I thought I'd give it a shot. I found a trail map and there are fewer trails there than I expected.

Any good climbing? The 10-12 miles of trails would be fine, distance-wise, but I'm hoping for a bit of climbing.

#2 ·
I've not ridden it yet, but from the description on Singletracks.com, not a lot of climbing.

Currently 14 miles of trail with various loops of difficulty ranging from easy to intermediate/advanced. With little elevation change, pick your favorite gear and mash away at those pedals without worrying about shifting. Future plans will grow the park to 20 miles of trails and loops from easy to advanced, including a skills area.

#3 ·
Kevin, sorry if this is a little late for you. I ride both trails and while Allatoona creek is good,to me Blankets is the way to go. Blankets has more climbing for sure. I like Allatoona creek for a change of pace but to me all the trails are similar to Dwelling loop at Blankets. Not a lot of climbing like you will get on the Van Michael trail at Blankets.

#4 ·
Thanks. I rode the three loops last night and it was OK. Good, tight, twisty, Southeast singletrack. But, you are right, there isn't a lick of climbing. I stayed in my outer ring and my 5 smallest cogs the whole time. I think Strava had me at 11.5 miles and 260 ft of climbing. LOL!

I'm glad I gave it a go, as I like to try new trails but, you're right, a trip to Blankets is the better choice now that I've ridden it.

That said, I used to live about a quarter mile from the Pitner Rd. entrance. I'm freakin' pissed that they build a mountain bike trail I could ride to right after I moved. If I still lived there (Brookstone Subdivision), I'd hit that trail after work on my SS 3x a week!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.