mtbr member
    Nov 2011

Allatoona creek, any cool riding?

Hi

so im planning my trip to the Kennesaw area, from Canada during the first week of march. I will be living 7 miles away from Allatoona creek so I thought it would be a nice place to ride frequently during my trip as I wont have a car to drive to Rope Mill or Blankets everyday.

My plan is to spend 2 days in Rope or Blankets, the rest of the riding will be road riding and Allatoona creek riding. Is that trail network a nice one to ride? I want to get some nice riding in, good tempo, some hills and technical sections.

thanks

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Find a way to get to Chickopee...better trail system than Blankets / Rope mill (although those are both really good). PM me if you want - I'm old, fat & slow, but happy to show someone around...Road riding in ATL area is actually pretty good, but would think you'd rather spend the time in the dirt...

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    that option is obviously impossible. I wont have a car, therefore I want to ride close to where I will be living. I did map out a loop I use to do 2 years ago when I was in that area. I plan on doing that loop and end my rides in Allatoona creek park.

Thats why I'd like insights on that particular trail system.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Allatoona Creek is one of the best trail systems in the Atl Metro. If you are staying 7 miles from there you won't have any reason to ride at blankets. Allatoona is a much better trail overall. Its one of the fastest and flowiest trails out there, plus its got Whipper Snapper, which is the coolest trail I have ever ridden.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Great!! Thanks a lot, cant wait to ride them now!

I need to work on a road loop, longer then the one I maped out. Do you have any suggestions for a nice road ride with little traffic? 2 years ago I was leaving Kennesaw, going to Acworth and then close to Cartersville before coming back, it was a 70km loop with a few quiter roads.