www.ntxbmx.com
    Jun 2005

Alexandria, Louisiana and Kisatchie National Forest Does anyone ride anymore

I'm about to make a trip back home to Alexandria, LA, I been away for almost five years, and I can't wait to ride the Lakeshore Trail on Kincade Lake. The only problem is, I can't find anyone in the area who rides. I will be in on Thanksgiving, and staying until saturday. I'm hoping ot get one days riding in maybe too. My wife will be staying with my mother atleast one of the days. If anyone in the area rides let me know.

BTW does Mike still own Red River Cyclery, and are they still open?
    www.ntxbmx.com North Texas BMX

paintbucket
    Boy that would be a shame if no one's riding in that area. I used to go over from Leesville about once a month to ride the Wild Azalea trail. I still think its one of the loveliest trails I've ridden. Come to think of it though, I never did see another soul out there.
    When the going gets weird its bedtime.

www.ntxbmx.com
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by wooglin
    Boy that would be a shame if no one's riding in that area. I used to go over from Leesville about once a month to ride the Wild Azalea trail. I still think its one of the loveliest trails I've ridden. Come to think of it though, I never did see another soul out there.

Most of the people I remember seeing riding the trails there were not from that area, I'm sure the trail is still there, but wow, look at the massive response.

paintbucket
    There's an mtb club in the Shreveport area that has forums and seems pretty active. Have you posted there to see if they've got a clue? A google search should turn them up pretty easily.

Why would anyone ride bikes when they could fish 'n hunt 'n chit?

www.ntxbmx.com
    Jun 2005
    There's an mtb club in the Shreveport area that has forums and seems pretty active. Have you posted there to see if they've got a clue? A google search should turn them up pretty easily.

Why would anyone ride bikes when they could fish 'n hunt 'n chit?

I think your joking

No I hadn't found any MTB clubs in north or central LA, I will try and search for them, and go from there. When I lived there I had friends who raced in Ruston, and AR, and VA, but it seems no one from the area rides or atleast if they do, they don't come to this forum.

paintbucket
    Here ya go. I met some of these folks at the Ouachita Challenge. Good people.

http://www.locomtb.com/

www.ntxbmx.com
    Jun 2005
    Here ya go. I met some of these folks at the Ouachita Challenge. Good people.

http://www.locomtb.com/

Thanks, I joined there forum, it looks like I may have been right, there may not be a very stong mtb community in Alexandria, but atleast there are people int he state who still ride, and are willing to make a road trip.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    A few friends and I were just in Ruston, and the week before that we went to Lake kincaide. On december 8 or 9th we plan to hit hooper and comite. So yeah there are people who still hit thoes trails.

www.ntxbmx.com
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by acivic2nv
    A few friends and I were just in Ruston, and the week before that we went to Lake kincaide. On december 8 or 9th we plan to hit hooper and comite. So yeah there are people who still hit thoes trails.
    I don't know about that, I rode about 30 miles last friday, and saw very few tire tracks, and on the Kincade Loop side of the trail it looked like no one rides at all. It was a great ride. I wnet be Red River Cyclery, and spoke with Mike, he said the trails are been ridden, but I saw few signs of it. Did you guys enjoy your ride.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    when we were leaving we saw a bunch of guys from red river cycle. This was the saturday. I dont know meny people who can ride on friday because most of us work.